Notice: Forum Upgrade Soon

I am announcing that over the next few days there will be a sections of the site that will updated and certain parts of the site may not be available for short periods of time.  As early as later tonight, I may try to run the forum upgrade. If any of you are out there in the web world, you may have heard that Google will be starting a new standard for search results based on mobile usability. Certain parts of this site are not passing their test and I have known that for a long time.  I have been working on updating parts of the price guide for a while and will hopefully make those template updates live in the next few days as well.  The forum is not passing the tests too well either, so at this point, I am going to take the time and do the upgrade toutilize their new template that does pass the test.  With this update certain parts of the forum may not be available for a while, moved elsewhere or be replaced with other things that do work with the new template.  I have certain plugins that were made just for this site and have been talking with the author of those to update them shortly.  

Other sections that "may" be affected will be the Brickfolio area and the Brickpicker Forum Mobile App.

So if you see the forum is down for a bit late tonight or over the next day or two, please be patient with me as I get everything squared away.  I will make sure I do plenty of backups :)

Thank you
Jeff

• Like 1

I am announcing that over the next few days there will be a sections of the site that will updated and certain parts of the site may not be available for short periods of time.  As early as later tonight, I may try to run the forum upgrade. If any of you are out there in the web world, you may have heard that Google will be starting a new standard for search results based on mobile usability. Certain parts of this site are not passing their test and I have known that for a long time.  I have been working on updating parts of the price guide for a while and will hopefully make those template updates live in the next few days as well.  The forum is not passing the tests too well either, so at this point, I am going to take the time and do the upgrade toutilize their new template that does pass the test.  With this update certain parts of the forum may not be available for a while, moved elsewhere or be replaced with other things that do work with the new template.  I have certain plugins that were made just for this site and have been talking with the author of those to update them shortly.  

Other sections that "may" be affected will be the Brickfolio area and the Brickpicker Forum Mobile App.

So if you see the forum is down for a bit late tonight or over the next day or two, please be patient with me as I get everything squared away.  I will make sure I do plenty of backups :)

Thank you

Jeff

By late tonight, I assume you mean late Eastern time, right?

I'm making mental note because I want to try to get the Daily Summary done before you start messing with things a) so the information is the summary and B) so I can get to bed at a decent time west coast time.  :)

So, yeah, if you could just put everything on hold for ME, that'd be great.  ;)

Well my first try at the upgrade didn't go well. As I said, lots of things may not work with the new version, so I am basically uninstalling plugins and stripping it back to bare bones, then will try upgrade again tomorrow, then try to add features back.   Sorry for the delay.  I was hopeful, but didn't think it would be perfect on first shot :)