75918 - T. rex Tracker

TheOrcKing

16992855345_3f07b91e83_o.jpg

16785478997_c5dd2873f3_o.jpg

16991478952_f519a2fd83_o.jpg

16785479007_76973fa390_o.jpg

The chase is on! A mighty T. rex has broken loose and it must be captured before it harms anyone. Team up with the ACU troopers in the T. rex Tracker to pursue the ferocious creature. Drive the motorcycle to distract the T. rex, swerving clear of its powerful jaws. Meanwhile, lay out the dino cage as a trap and prepare to fire the mobile research module's harpoon-style trap shooter. You've only got one shot to take down the beast, so make it count!

• Includes 3 minifigures with assorted weapons and accessories: an ACU trooper, Hoskins and a vet
  • Motorbike also included. Weapons include the vet

Will likely grab the T-Rex off Bricklink as that truck is so ugly IMO. Might be a great play truck for sure, but looks silly for displaying. I think this will be a recurring theme for many of the sets though, aside from the biggest set, and maybe the little Raptor Cage.

Box art is a bit funny, they both seem to moving pretty fast judging by the little lines on the tracker and dino to indicate momentum. Where did the T-Rex tracker come from!? behind it is all trees, i don't see a small opening for a truck of that size to get through! :P

In all seriousness though i am still really excited to get my hands on these. Jurassic Park (and Dinosaurs in general) has such fond memories for me and my childhood.

Box art is a bit funny, they both seem to moving pretty fast judging by the little lines on the tracker and dino to indicate momentum. Where did the T-Rex tracker come from!? behind it is all trees, i don't see a small opening for a truck of that size to get through! :P

I thought the motorcycle was the bait while the truck was waiting at the edge of the forest to shoot the harpoon as TRex running towards it

The vehicle is interesting from a "size" perspective and it looks like it's full of useful parts, but that cage just stinks. From what we've seen in previous movies, a 30 foot tall TRex will eat that thing for breakfast. And whose bright idea was it that you have the TRex head sticking so far out the front giving it the ability to block the drivers view?

I'm with everyone else.. if these sets didn't come with Dinos, they'd suck.

The vehicle is interesting from a "size" perspective and it looks like it's full of useful parts, but that cage just stinks. From what we've seen in previous movies, a 30 foot tall TRex will eat that thing for breakfast. And whose bright idea was it that you have the TRex head sticking so far out the front giving it the ability to block the drivers view?

Talk about a backseat driver. Ha. I think everything about the vehicle is fine until getting to the cage which leaves an open skeleton in place of anything else like a rocket turret or something. I know, they're meant to trap the thing and keep it alive but some sort of gun battery would be awesome. Honestly I would think the T-Rex's head should be sticking out the back otherwise the driver's cabin will be for lunch.

"Don't like this".

This set is even less interesting and poorly designed compared to the 5886 set.

Well that one had a helicopter which I have to question would such a thing actually work in real life? I was thinking the van looked more like the Triceratops Trapper in the last Dino series.
  • Like 1

I'm also disappointed in what I see here.  They should have gone the direction of that Ideas set that is currently under review.  The trex in that version is far and away much better than these dinos that I see in this line.  I'm hesitant to invest in these... I just think episode 7 and scooby doo will be better long term bets.

Edited by fossilrock

As an investment, if one of those JP sets:

1. has nice dino(s)

2. is exclusive

then it could perform well.

Well that one had a helicopter which I have to question would such a thing actually work in real life? I was thinking the van looked more like the Triceratops Trapper in the last Dino series.

Indeed it's a mix of these two sets (sort of).

Edited by biniou

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like this set is available on clearance at my local Walmart for $50. Unsure if I should bite for investing as they had a few.

At that clearance price it's an easy flip for a decent return over the next few weeks even if you don't want to hold long term.
  • Like 1

I bet it's gone by now at the 50 buy in.  These go to over 200 by christmas, if no substantial restock.

Haha except for the 2 low end sets, all are now ship in 30 days and RE remains as sold out. Someone just flip the switch to Sold Out please on the other 3 sets.