CELEB2015 - Star Wars Celebration 2015 Tatooine Minibuild

TheOrcKing

I'm surprised at the desire on these.

I'm a hard core OT guy, but this set doesn't blow my robes up.

Is it just the scarcity of it, or do you truly want this thing on your shelf?

I feel like if this was at my local TRU i'd pass on it.

I really like microbuilds for my desk at work. I have the mini modulate and TRU minis on my desk. Plus a couple of Star Wars Microfighters. This will look good there too.

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2015 at 0:15 PM, Ed Mack said:

This looks like an awesome set.  I loved the Classic Batman and Bag End sets from last year.  Very similar boxes.  Highly collectible long term, but the growth is very slow after the initial seller makes a profit.  For most of us, these sets are for true collectors that are willing to pay top dollar for a slow appreciating product.

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2015 at 6:22 PM, mudcatsfan said:

I'm surprised at the desire on these.

I'm a hard core OT guy, but this set doesn't blow my robes up.

Is it just the scarcity of it, or do you truly want this thing on your shelf?

I feel like if this was at my local TRU i'd pass on it.

[see first quote]

Personally I'd love to have it, and the fact that Lego has failed to do ANY rendition of Lars Moisture Farm until now certainly helps the desirability factor.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2015 at 8:46 PM, Migration said:

That is some mighty intense music for that build TOK.

Somehow that strikes me as the perfect theme song for Gamora.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, that's starting to get a bit easier to make out.  I'm definitely going to have to BL this, as it was next to impossible to get this at SWC.  At least, I didn't have any luck getting ahold of one, and I really want one just for display.

TOK, if you happen to see an unboxing video or any instructions or inventory out there, many thanks for posting it.  :)

Page 1: 6006541x2 - I can't tell what exactly it is, or where it belongs on the build, but it looks like a round 1x1 tile.

Page 2: 6037289x1 - 2x2 round tile, inverted (boat stud) is in a new color but I assume that it goes under the landspeeder and is not mandatory.

Which two pieces are "new variants"?

My biggest problem/concern is building the Sand Crawler.  Not sure how that goes together.

​70 of the 78 varieties can be ordered from 1 US vendor for $28, supplying all new parts, but those of us with bulk lots should have most of the pieces except for the tan, red-brown, and silver pieces or can find the parts cheaper from more sellers.

I think the above pictures give you enough of a hint of how to build the Sandcrawler.  Start with the house, landspeeder, and decorative pieces and what you have left will be a 4x6 brown plate on top of 3 2x2 plates with double technic pin holes. the 6 technic pins anchor the wheels (1x5 technic bar) and the pictures show the bricks used for the frame and the door.  The 2 dark brown bricks are 1x4 arches and that should leave you with about 10-15 pieces to deduce.

I will probably try and build a variant of this tomorrow, to see how easy it is to build without instructions.

Edited by redghostx
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...