BP Account "Spring Cleaning"

There is an updated version of the forum software coming.  There are a few things in there I am really looking forward to having changed or access to. One major thing will be the speed of responding to busy threads.  Right now, you can sometimes wait a minute or more to have your post made active while it sends the email out to everyone.  The new forum basically just dumps the response into a queue and you post instantly.  I don't know how they didn't fix this a long time ago, but at least its coming.

I am going to be looking at and looking to clean out dummy, fake, bad accounts before I do the migration.  Over the next few weeks, any of you that know that you are using a bogus email that is bouncing, full mailbox, etc will eventually have your account locked and deleted.  If you like your account and know that it might be an issue, please update your email address now so that nothing happens.  I am just putting this out there as an FYI, etc.

ISPs are getting stricter and more severe with their penalties if you are sending out garbage and don't clean email lists.  I want to stay ahead of the game.  If you can help by making sure your email is legit and working properly, I would greatly appreciate.  If it disappears one day, I will not want to hear about it (Not trying to be mean there)

Thanks

• Like 4

That is a good idea. One question: do you just look for bounces, or should we expect an email there with directions to follow or something similar? Or in other words: would you like us to just provide a valid email address, or do you like to see us actually reading those emails, and if so: how often? I would never give my "regular" email address here, regardless of how honest you all (say you) are. (no offense meant, really. Can't be careful enough.)

That is a good idea. One question: do you just look for bounces, or should we expect an email there with directions to follow or something similar? Or in other words: would you like us to just provide a valid email address, or do you like to see us actually reading those emails, and if so: how often? I would never give my "regular" email address here, regardless of how honest you all (say you) are. (no offense meant, really. Can't be careful enough.)

So its a good idea that I close your account.  Ok that makes sense.

• Like 2

HAHA ok  Good luck in the future selling or buying. 

• Like 1

I will try to explain this a little further.  Some will agree with me, some will not get it, some will scream.  Ed and I are trying to run a "business" here.  We like other community sites continue to give and have a lot more to give. Many like to take and not give back anything at all. Something simple like an real email address so that we can create tools and get true correspondence is not really asking for much.  As I stated above, ISPs are getting more finicky and will start to block you and put you on blacklists etc.  I don't want that.   If people put bogus emails, well they will not be part of this community, plain and simple.  I rather have 5,000 solid members than 50,000 who knows what they are members.  If members can't be legit with us, than too bad.

Just clarifying: of course I use a real email address. I created it just for that purpose, and it is not used for anything else. I do it that way for a lot of things. It helps a lot keeping spam away from my more-often used addresses. But then - I never got spam to the BP-address, which speaks a lot in y'all favor. In fact, I never got any email to that address that I can remember, in more than half a year. Which is why I kind of keep checking less and less often. I should probably enable email forwarding...

In any case: this choice has nothing to do with "not wanting to contribute", nor do I see a problem with ISPs and blocking, in that case. Now, I _can_ see the problem with bogus email addresses that produce bounces, and addresses that people don't own, which might produce blocklist entries. That is something that just shouldn't be done, I agree.