Custom Made Lego Display Boxes

gster

Hi guys, i am new here and want to get some opinion from you guys.  I found a need to protect my lego displays since i have 2 cats at home and they like to play with my legos so i want to protect the legos by putting them in a display box like the pics below. I can custom make these boxes to any size and want to find ways to sell them but i don't have much experience with eBay.  Do you think there is a market for these?  The one in the below pic is W 35 cm * D 20 cm * **** 18 cm.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks

post-51363-0-35185400-1425999393_thumb.j

post-51363-0-73140900-1425999398_thumb.j

post-51363-0-41867700-1425999404_thumb.j

post-51363-0-75158600-1425999409_thumb.j

Im sure there are people on this site who would be interested, just a matter of finding them. They look nice. EBay might work as well but you may not have a lot of traffic unless you can get them in the Lego section que. Good luck

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Brickpicker mobile app

Are those the fish tanks from Wally world? I've considered doing this as well...not selling them, just using them for display.

HI jpizzow, no these are not fish tanks, they are made of plastics and needs to be assembled from 6 pieces

Since you would like to sell these, I will be totally honest.  After looking at your images several times,  I believe you have quality control issues.  There seem to be issues with the joinery.  When properly bonded, the joints should be crystal clear. In your photos I can see irregular lines and shadows which are very distracting. I do not know if this is due to irregularities in edge surface or improper solvent appication.  Your polished edges seem okay so i am guessing solvent application.  Too hard to tell but hopefully no bubbles in the joints.  I believe a quality case of this size is definitely worth $30.00, as I recently had a similar one made here in Jakarta for about the same price.  The one I had made was not air tight and quite honestly I want the ability the lift the case off.  Sorry if I offended you, but that is my honest assessment.

Since you would like to sell these, I will be totally honest.  After looking at your images several times,  I believe you have quality control issues.  There seem to be issues with the joinery.  When properly bonded, the joints should be crystal clear. In your photos I can see irregular lines and shadows which are very distracting. I do not know if this is due to irregularities in edge surface or improper solvent appication.  Your polished edges seem okay so i am guessing solvent application.  Too hard to tell but hopefully no bubbles in the joints.  I believe a quality case of this size is definitely worth $30.00, as I recently had a similar one made here in Jakarta for about the same price.  The one I had made was not air tight and quite honestly I want the ability the lift the case off.  Sorry if I offended you, but that is my honest assessment.

Hi Agsimpson13, i think the lines and shadows are just due to the photos, thats the way they fit together.  i will take some photos of the joints later

• Like 1