Harrison Ford injured in plane crash

Hoping for a speedy recovery for him. In the news and radio, everyone was talking about his roles in Star Wars and Indiana Jones, but supposedly he is supposed to make a cameo or some appearance in a new Blade Runner film as well. Hopefully that still happens. Blade Runner is one of my top 5 favorite sci-fi films.

Hoping for a speedy recovery for him. In the news and radio, everyone was talking about his roles in Star Wars and Indiana Jones, but supposedly he is supposed to make a cameo or some appearance in a new Blade Runner film as well. Hopefully that still happens. Blade Runner is one of my top 5 favorite sci-fi films.

How are they going to explain how a replicant aged?

what, wait, new Blade runner? still trying to figure out the last one... wasn't that supposedly a cursed movie for any company that had product placement in it or something like that?

That is the rumor; the "Blade Runner Curse". Many of the billboards were of market leaders at the time between Atari, Bell, Cuisinart, Pan Am, and Coca-Cola who did experience setbacks after the film's release (some very serious). Course when Coca-Cola tried to 'reinvent' their soft drink with New Coke that was their own fault. You cannot change a classic. Correction, you should not change a classic.

On the subject of films and their curses, the original Omen movies were ones I remember having a whole lot of 'freaky deaky' stuff happening during production and while being played in theaters.

Not intending to toss the thread off topic, but we really should get a Blade Runner Sequel thread going. They got Denis Villeneuve directing not Ridley Scott. I`m saying this for 2 reasons, 1 He`s Canadian! (Go Canucks!) and 2, if anyone has not seen Prisoners or Enemy in particular, do it. He`s great at setting a seady-moody tone to his work, perfect for Blade Runner. Next to Ridley Scott himself he`s probably the best choice, if not better. Give me another name if you disagree. He`s not that well known (his name isn`t yet a brand in and of itself) but if you`ve seen his previous films you might be surprised. Enemy in Particular is a real mind-bender, another one shot in Canada. Sorry I`m going off a Canadian rant, but when you look at all the Hollywood stuff you`re grateful for smaller films that are in some cases even better than huge studio ones. 

Like I said, we should a proper thread made and move this there, no sense in getting anyone banned for thread derailment. 

Like I said, we should a proper thread made and move this there, no sense in getting anyone banned for thread derailment.

No worries about being banned for leading the thread a little to the left. Well we already have a movie topic for all film related conversation or we could start a Cyberpunk thread in the Really Non-Lego category which could include the film and any other talk pertaining to the genre like movies, novels, and tabletop games. It is a rich culture of literature.