TRU.ca %20 off Technic and Chima

Sandwraith

Costco did $189.99 its first Xmas.

Amazon.uk had them for $186 (for the at the time exchange) early February this year.

This set is due to disappear in August this year so don't wait too long to pick one up. Technic seems to hold to its two year time frame pretty religiously... Except for TRU that can't seem to avoid having old stock.

I grabbed two 42006 Excavators from my local TRU for $90 after tax.

Thanks for the great info. I think I am in the same place as speed sausage I am not familiar with Technic and its a big money set however looking to diversify and figured this looks iconic and its a crane. And if it fails I can just build it. Lol

Thanks for the great info. I think I am in the same place as speed sausage I am not familiar with Technic and its a big money set however looking to diversify and figured this looks iconic and its a crane. And if it fails I can just build it. Lol

I built one... it was about 12 hours of thumb and index pain pushing all those little pins. I can't remember the exact count but it was in the neighborhood of 400-500 pins. The gear setup in the MKII is quite something to allow for the 9 different functions all to be powered by one motor. It was excellent fun even with the 1 mistake I had to go back and fix. :)

I've personally never seen a sale better than 20% off for Technic anywhere other than 1-offs at Costco. If I'm not mistaken, in Jan 2014 TRU had a Buy One Get One 40% off across the star wars and technic lines. I only got my SSDs during that time so I'm a little hazier on that.

Costco's $190 price was 25% off and that's the best "Canadian" price I ever saw. Costco has excellent packing too .. except they seem to carry a very odd assortment of Lego and rarely (if ever) restock sets.