71016 - Kwik-E-Mart

TheOrcKing

Anyone think the kwik E mart is replacing the house, or will the house be around for a while?

The SH will be around until at least Oct/Nov of this year. There's even an ad for it in the instruction booklet for the Kwik E Mart. I don't think Lego did it to prop up the price for resellers.

When do you guys think this will be available for purchase on LEGO.com? Right a midnight tomorrow? Which timezone? 

Or it'll only be available in-store?

It's available right now!  Anyone buying?  I bought one!

Edited by paladyr

Just sold the Snake fig for $40 on eBay. I underestimated the demand of the customer. 

​Nice job Pseudoty.  Have you built the Kwik e Mart yet?  How would/does it look against a regular modular building? 

Heard you got the GG in a trade from a nice Canadian...lmk if you get tired of it or want a trade :) 

• Like 1

​Nice job Pseudoty.  Have you built the Kwik e Mart yet?  How would/does it look against a regular modular building? 

Heard you got the GG in a trade from a nice Canadian...lmk if you get tired of it or want a trade :) 

​I only built bag 1 the cop car and sorted bag 2 we finally had some nice weather this weekend so not much build time.  I will post some pics when I finish. 

GG is still sealed if you want to trade for a NISB CC :)

• Like 1

How would/does it look against a regular modular building? 

​I finished building mine last night.  It really doesn't match the modular style.  its 49 studs wide, which is about 1 1/2 baseplates wide.  It opens from the back with "wings" from splitting the back 1/4 in half so you couldn't sandwich it between buildings as is.  You could mod it to remove the sloped roof sides and make them straight walls, but that's pretty significant mod.  You'd also have to figure something to do with the air space above because it would look too low in line with the modulars.  (maybe a giant billboard?).

But I really do like the build for its own merits.  There are tons of details and some creative techniques.  My only complaint is that they didn't print more of the elements.   There are 50+ stickers.  The Squishee cups are great!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I need some help.  I have a damaged minifigure from this set and LEGO says they will replace it.  They want a number from the back of the instruction manual as proof that I have the set but, unfortunately, I sold the instructions last month.  If anyone can send me a scan of the back of the instruction manual or even just the seven-digit number on the back I would appreciate it.

And, I am stupid.  The back page is included in the instructions that LEGO posts on its site.  I am all set.

Edited by ctoddlight
new information

• 10 months later...
12 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

This is the strangest set. First, it's available at Barnes for 25% off and then available at some Targets for 50% off. Methinks it's either going away relatively soon or retailers gambled a little too much on it...emoji848.png

I would vote on the latter..

What targets had it for half off?

Edited by pstebbing

3 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Oversupply on the primary market means AVOID for the secondary market. Simpons run out of gas decades ago in Europe and seems Americans don´t care for it much anymore either. All in on Star Wars from now on.

While your point is certainly valid, my only thought with the Kwik-e-Mart in general is that you can do some really interesting MOC/modular builds/city scape stuff with the parts in this set. Even if you discard the Simpson's minifigures and police car, you've got a lot of value left in this one for the parts. I'm surprised this set doesn't sell better for those looking to repurpose the set. Maybe it's cheaper to BL what you want from the set than purchasing a NISB at RRP.

• Like 1

Definitely better value for money than this year´s licensed exclusives but we´ve seen many times before that good part count/value doesn´t always translate into demand present or future - see architecture and star wars for high PPC and good residuals and trains, technic and winter sates for the opposite.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1