Best/Safest way to sell Lego on eBay Worldwide?

surfnut

Does anyone have any good experience or advice on this? I really want to start selling worldwide, but it seems that eBay will not protect the seller if the item can not be tracked with a delivery confirmation. eBay offers USPS services but I'm not sure that you are protected with their services. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Priority is usually covered with tracking. Beware of the "small flat rate box" as it's considered First Class for some reason and it's not covered. Lost a Awesome Boba Fett from 10123 shipping to somewhere in Europe last year before I knew that. I've shipped a few used modular sets to Can, europe, australia and japan for reasonable prices. Med-Large flat rate boxes are great and usually carry a bit of insurance based on their weight. I highly suggest insuring through Ship Cover insurance if you don't already (http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/shipcover.html).

I was researching on opening up my auctions internationally, and one thing that bothers me about ShipCover is the "Surplus line tax", which is 3%.. on top of everything else I'm already paying in fees.. 9% final value fee by ebay, 1.25% (or something) by PayPal.. ugh. Still thinking about it some more

I used to ship internationaly on Ebay but it became such a headache that it wasn't worth it anymore. Something was always getting lost or taking too long or they would claim they got the wrong item or someone wants you to fib on value when filling out customs forms etc... I know I am limiting my sales by only shipping to the U.S. but I am maximizing my not having to deal with extra crap time. This is just me, I'm not saying you should or shouldn't do it.

I been doing Ebay since 1998 and all Lego Sets over $100 it has to be mailed Express mail Only No Exceptions, When you list it but it in the Subtitle for the extra $.50 its worth it, With Express its trackable, it always gets there and fast, shipped a couple thousand items outside the US and with Express never had on problem, just be sure you no what you are doing when you list it and calculate the shipping. I have a postal scale, get exact weight and size of box and it will always be correct, alot of people do not no how to do the shipping if you want the exact rate to show.

I been doing Ebay since 1998 and all Lego Sets over $100 it has to be mailed Express mail Only No Exceptions, When you list it but it in the Subtitle for the extra $.50 its worth it, With Express its trackable, it always gets there and fast, shipped a couple thousand items outside the US and with Express never had on problem, just be sure you no what you are doing when you list it and calculate the shipping. I have a postal scale, get exact weight and size of box and it will always be correct, alot of people do not no how to do the shipping if you want the exact rate to show.

This did not address the insurance question at all. What does using express mail means in terms of insurance? We're not even talking about box weights or anything like that..

This did not address the insurance question at all. What does using express mail means in terms of insurance? We're not even talking about box weights or anything like that..

While I do not ship internationally anymore due to the headaches, I believe that with Express, you get tracking, and are allowed greater insurance. With Priority, I believe there is a maximum you can insure it for, no tracking, and as said before, with the small flat rate box, it is not insurable. I sent one of these to Brazil, and 6 weeks later the *@#%^##$*&er; said he never got it and I'm out the set and the crazy shipping cost. Lesson learned the hard way.

While I do not ship internationally anymore due to the headaches, I believe that with Express, you get tracking, and are allowed greater insurance. With Priority, I believe there is a maximum you can insure it for, no tracking, and as said before, with the small flat rate box, it is not insurable. I sent one of these to Brazil, and 6 weeks later the *@#%^##$*&er; said he never got it and I'm out the set and the crazy shipping cost. Lesson learned the hard way.

Thanks, good to know :)