75093 - Death Star Final Duel

KShine

Anyone confirm that is the same emperor as the book?  Was going to get the book but if they are the same, rather just get this set.

The faceprint is different: The angry faceprint stays the same, but the not so angry (bemused) faceprint is different. (one version has got a closed mouth, while the otherone is grinning)

Concerning the price:

You U.S. folks should concern yourselves happy! You almost always get the cheaper price AND on top of that lots of special deals! (So this whining about it is hard to swallow for us EU folks ;-P )

Final Duel 89,99 € vs 79,99 $ ... (This one is cheaper in Spain ... 84,99 € ... but the rest is even more expensive! holy ...)

Imperial Assault Carrier 129,99 € vs 129,99 $ (in Spain 139,99 € o.O so EU isn't even the same...)

Naboo Star Fighter!!! 64,99 € vs 49,99 $ !!!

Naboo Flash Speeder 39,99 € vs 29,99 $

Imperial Shuttle 99,99 € vs 99,99 $ (Spain 109,99 € ...)

Edited by Locutus001

​Isn't the torso print different?

You are correct.

10236, 75093

sw509.jpgsw635.jpg

Anyone confirm that is the same emperor as the book?  Was going to get the book but if they are the same, rather just get this set.

​I'd have to agree with @rtisan. Here are the minifig photos from brickset:

book, 75093

sw595.jpgsw634.jpg

At 6:48 in the video posted by TOK you can see the alternate 75093 face, which matches the book one. The only think I'm not 100% on is the head color, due to the different photo qualities.

If you want the confident looking but not openmouthly grinning emperor you'll need to get it ^^ so it's still justified...

BUT I agree... they could have done better... especially with the exclusive DK Book one. I was rather disappointed to find out that the new emperor looks exactly the same BUT for the second face print...

The Royal guards have force pikes, not lightsabers. They're roughly the same length as lightsabers, but this would be a somewhat accurate representation of those weapons. http://www.previewsworld.com/catalogimages/STK_IMAGES/STK460001-480000/STK474413.jpg

Did anyone notice that none of the new sets appear to label any of the new or modified Minifigures as NEW?  Maybe that's where some of the confusion comes from,there's not an official note on the box from TLG.

• 2 weeks later...

The faceprint is different: The angry faceprint stays the same, but the not so angry (bemused) faceprint is different. (one version has got a closed mouth, while the otherone is grinning)

Concerning the price:

You U.S. folks should concern yourselves happy! You almost always get the cheaper price AND on top of that lots of special deals! (So this whining about it is hard to swallow for us EU folks ;-P )

Final Duel 89,99 € vs 79,99 $ ... (This one is cheaper in Spain ... 84,99 € ... but the rest is even more expensive! holy ...)

Imperial Assault Carrier 129,99 € vs 129,99 $ (in Spain 139,99 € o.O so EU isn't even the same...)

​Well, Lego has a tricky problem here with exchange rates.  Being Danish and all, many of their costs are in kroner.  The euro meanwhile is getting battered by ECB quantitative easing (while that's presumably ended in the US).  Plus of course, the Eurozone might just brake up, with Greece and maybe some other folks returning to their own national currencies and unpredictable consequences for the euro.  So I take this as Lego being cautious, for which I don't blame them (though I might if I had to pay in euros).

• Like 1

Concerning the price:

​And people wonder why I don´t buy from Lego Shop anymore.....

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, terrymc4677 said:

Wal-Mart app is showing this set at a clearance price of $59, which is 25% off. YMMV of course. Tempting, but not quite worth the gas and time just yet. $40-$50 and I would take a trip. Anyone else feel differently?

I'd buy at that price for a personal build, but not for investment.

Wal-Mart app is showing this set at a clearance price of $59, which is 25% off. YMMV of course. Tempting, but not quite worth the gas and time just yet. $40-$50 and I would take a trip. Anyone else feel differently?

I bought at that price for personal collection but didn't pull the trigger on investment - probably left 15+ on the shelves. Nothing too unique and no wow factor, although the figs are good. Best Darth I've seen yet, but he will probably be in more sets.

45 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

It's a playset. No unique characters.

I think you will be surprised by this set then.  Price appreciation isn't always driven by unique minifigures, particularly when it is an iconic scene with three iconic minifigures.

• Like 2