What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

6 hours ago, donbee said:

@jstodda
I'd say, get some plexi glass and put it right on top of that coffee table.

Actually considered the glass coffee table option.  Build a Death Star hangar inside it.... Hmmmmm

8 hours ago, Sandwraith said:

;)

Thanks!

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 11:51 PM, weitzel78 said:
Bricklinked UCS Super Star Destroyer.

Beautiful... I have an SSD waiting for me and I can't bring myself to break the seals. Been contemplating SSD, 10030 OR THE DS2 to bricklink. Looks great!

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 9:24 AM, TCSBGDADY said:
Well...I finally found all the pieces...a couple off color but still looks amazing I think. It took my son and I 7 hours with 3 slight rebuilds until we got the balance right. Yes, it is tricky getting it to stand! Let me know what you all think. #legodad

Where can I get the instructions?! Awesome!! Now for Predator!?

Guest TabbyBoy
On 22 July 2016 at 11:50 AM, Phil B said:

I have these for my educational business - wonderful set. $30 in the US RRP, but you get working steering and a 2-speed (plus neutral) gearbox. Takes kids about 2-3 hours to build (adults more like 1-1.5hrs). We then remove the engine and place a technic motor on it to create a powered Go-Kart (still need to manually steer) using the 2 gear settings ... kids love it, plus it helps them understand gearing.

Not sure I understand which "white round/cross" piece you a referring to - do you have a picture or a step in the instructions? Kids in my class tend to accidentally put the gear axle in in reverse, and then the big and small gears on top don't fit - luckily I can take the model apart in a few clicks to fix it.

Phil... It was the white piece on page 9 of the model A booklet. The instructions were correct but, it was either the hot weather (yes it's actually been hot in the UK!) or the 4th bottle of beer in the garden when I was building it that caused the error ;-)

The Black Pearl looks ominous ... as if its lurking in the shadows waiting to make an ambush.

I often forget how great the black seas barracuda is as a set and how AWFUL the instructions are from the 80s. Some of the clips are getting loose but there is no fading which is impressive with a near 30 year old set. Lego could learn a thing about 80s/90s Lego color quality :)

I figure that the black pearl is waiting for the fight between the other two vessels so that it can plunder them both.

To JA - it's not even on a table, it's just a small stand but that's the problem with too many display pieces (a great problem to have)

1 hour ago, redghostx said:

To JA - it's not even on a table, it's just a small stand but that's the problem with too many display pieces (a great problem to have)

For anyone that's having this problem, I volunteer to let you display your items at my house as a "permanent loan."  I'll even spend 5 minutes making a sign that says "Courtesy of" in case you're worried I won't give you credit.

• Like 9

For anyone that's having this problem, I volunteer to let you display your items at my house as a "permanent loan."  I'll even spend 5 minutes making a sign that says "Courtesy of" in case you're worried I won't give you credit.

My sister already volunteered her house so she has some sets on display for me but thanks!
  • Like 1

Got my BL order in for the 9 pieces I was missing for the Death Star 10188 that I picked up for $280 a couple months ago.  This is the first time I have built a set without the kids, who are visiting their g-parents.  So far I have just finished the minifigs and a little less than half of the Death Star.  

In other words, the pics of the new Death Star should be leaked on Friday this week as I finish up.  

DeathStar4.JPG

• Like 8

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 2:13 AM, Alpinemaps said:
Decided to crack open the never retiring Pet Shop today. After building FB and then GE, I wanted to keep going in order.

I will say that so far I'm enjoying the build. I think the techniques have improved with each one. I do like the little brownstone that I've built so far.

We have built one and liked it (especially since you can break up and move around / between other mods)... Next PS we build will be a more challenging 'mirror build' which should be fun and add flexibility in town layout / design.

• Like 3