What LEGO set did you build today?

Ed Mack

Last Night I built my used Queen Anne's Revenge. What a marvelous ship! I enjoyed every minute building it. Now I proudly display it in our livingroom. Even my wife was thrilled.

Maybe tonight I will build the Black Pearl.

True true. I don't like ships at all, let alone pirate ships but the QAR was a very nice one. Only problem I had with it that it was too large to put on display on my desk but otherwise, very nice. I think it will appreciate nicely in value.I don't have the Black Pearl but I'm sure they would look nice one next to another!

• Like 1

Last Night I built my used Queen Anne's Revenge. What a marvelous ship! I enjoyed every minute building it. Now I proudly display it in our livingroom. Even my wife was thrilled.

Maybe tonight I will build the Black Pearl.

Saturday night my wife amd I planned to go to the movie theatre to see "Interstellar". However, the babysitter was sick so we decided to stay home. Maybe we will go next week.

So I build the "Black Pearl" instead. Again, a marvelous build. It is smaller than "Queen Anne" and less challenging. I like Queen Anne's Revenge better I have to say. There was only one piece missing. The leaves the female symbol in front of the ship is holding. Maybe I can find it on ebay or bricklink. 'The Queen Anne misses 3 more common pieces.

Next on the list will be the "Red Baron".

Yeah, i actually somewhere half-way there I think, should have posted more current photo. I am amazed how did they ever came up with the design for it. Seemingly unrelated pieces just fall in place and you eventually see the grand design

Couldn't have said it better.  This is exactly why I love the advanced Lego sets -  especially the modulars and Technics.  The cleverness of the engineering is inspiring. 

I know a lot of people dog the mixer, but the design is nothing short of genius. 

• 2 weeks later...

What did you charge her?

Nada. Same as I charged the other daughter who broke open a Winter Village Bakery this morning. I pulled out of storage one each of the holidays sets and let them each pick one to build. Now I need to put together the Holiday Train (already opened) and we'll have a nice little display.

Edited by Spanky