31039 - Blue Power Jet

TheOrcKing

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Jersey Crewmax said:

Wanted people's thoughts on the $35 power jets being clearances at Walmarts? I passed but wondering if I should go back.

This kind of set is a good investment if you can have some with at least 50% off and you are one of the few investor in your country, because nowadays there are far too much offers compared with demands.

Most of investors should pass creator 3in1 vehicules (cars, planes...).

Invest elswhere and let the few meat on bones for people who dared to invest in such sets.

• Like 1

I would suggest 31011 Aviation Adventures as a possible precedent. That disappeared from shelves in 2015.  It had a US RRP of $59.99 and can still be purchased new on eBay for that price or less.  Auctions in January finished in the $40s for some new in box.  The people finding them for $20 might eventually make a profit, but that assumes there are enough AFOLs out there who are interested in retired creator 3-in-1 sets as opposed to the present airplane.  I think it's a dust collector, and agree with @biniou that you'd have to be one of the few investors.  However, if they're having success, I wouldn't blame them for not sharing that fact, because adding you to their numbers with ideas of profit would increase their chances of having bought a dust collector.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, hockeyweasel said:

I would suggest 31011 Aviation Adventures as a possible precedent. That disappeared from shelves in 2015.  It had a US RRP of $59.99 and can still be purchased new on eBay for that price or less.  Auctions in January finished in the $40s for some new in box.  The people finding them for $20 might eventually make a profit, but that assumes there are enough AFOLs out there who are interested in retired creator 3-in-1 sets as opposed to the present airplane.  I think it's a dust collector, and agree with @biniou that you'd have to be one of the few investors.  However, if they're having success, I wouldn't blame them for not sharing that fact, because adding you to their numbers with ideas of profit would increase their chances of having bought a dust collector.

exactly-thumb.jpg

It's about the same with 3in1 houses, not as poor investment as 3in1 vehicules but most of them have to be passed without regrets. There are few exceptions especially with houses that have a special brick with sound or light (I'm thinking about sets like 31012 that has retired soon, even if it will not perform that better than 110€/$, BTW it's time to unload them if you have some and invest elsewhere). For such sets being a Lego builder gives you some hints as an investor.

Other exceptions are sets based on robots and animals (and dinosaurs).

As an investment I would say that : animals (including dragons and dinos) > houses > robots > vehicules

... of course also depending how cool they are.

(we're talking about 3in1 sets, not related with some creators sets like the 10226 sopwith camel or 10233 horizon express)

Ok now I'm really off topic, time to stop. :P

• Like 5

I have one Blue Power Jet which I got for €35 instead of the RRP of €60. But it's not an investment for me. I bought it because it got great reviews and I like how it looks. It's still in the box because I haven't taken the time yet to build it.

I think while this set is quite good looking and well designed for a Creator 3 in 1, it's too generic to get a decent growth in the near future after its eventual retirement. 

• 1 month later...