Amazon Prime $72 This Saturday Only 1/24

exciter1

This Saturday, starting at 12:01 a.m. ET and concluding at 11:59 p.m. PT, everyone can watch Transparent using the Amazon Instant Video app for TVs, connected devices and mobile devices, or online at Amazon.com/TransparentAlso in celebration of Transparent and the 72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards, customers can sign up for Amazon Prime for just $72 this Saturday

Some like it, some don't.  Don't judge me!

Existing members can buy a gift membership for $72 to use on their own account
Gift memberships  are also $72 and can be purchased by existing members. Enter your own email address when asked for the recipients email. You will receive a Prime membership redemption code emailed to you. Save this code in a safe place and use it when your Prime membership expires to extend your membership. If you redeem the code while you still have Prime, you will receive a $72 Amazon credit added to your account.

• Like 5

This Saturday, starting at 12:01 a.m. ET and concluding at 11:59 p.m. PT, everyone can watch Transparent using the Amazon Instant Video app for TVs, connected devices and mobile devices, or online at Amazon.com/TransparentAlso in celebration of Transparent and the 72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards, customers can sign up for Amazon Prime for just $72 this Saturday

Some like it, some don't.  Don't judge me!

Thanks. Wife just sent me this too. We balked when the price raised to $99, went without it for a week, signed up for free trial, that lapsed, and are without it now. Getting prime again on Saturday! lol

This. At this point it's not even about the shipping to me, but the Prime content.

Yep, I finally got to watch The Wire, Luther, etc and rewatch Rome !!!

On topic, does this work on new subscriptions only ?  Is there a way to pay $72 now and credit it to my November renewal ?

Edited by Darth_Raichu
  • Like 1

thought prime was all about shipping?  what else do you get with it?  Sorry just made my first Amazon purchase this week.  I have always been an ebay only person for 20 years now its time to branch out.

Access to their Prime music and Prime movies/TV shows libraries is included in Prime subscription

Edited by Darth_Raichu
  • Like 1

so I received an email from amazon the chat rep told me now it is in fact real.

Your Amazon.com Inquiry

Hello, 

I already have the information and I decided to notify you. 

I'm just writing to let you know that the Promotion for Prime at $72 on Saturday, January 24 is totally real and you can use it by visiting www.amazon.com/TransparentPrime

And also, In celebration of our Golden Globes win, all ten episodes of Transparent will be free to watch this upcoming Saturday, January 24

Has anyone tried this today ? I could not find option to renew since my renewal month is November

Gift memberships  are also $72 and can be purchased by existing members. Enter your own email address when asked for the recipients email. You will receive a Prime membership redemption code emailed to you. Save this code in a safe place and use it when your Prime membership expires to extend your membership. If you redeem the code while you still have Prime, you will receive a $72 Amazon credit added to your account.

• Like 3

Thanks!  In for 1 and a calendar reminder when my membership comes due.

• Like 1

I wonder if you can buy multiple and save for a couple of years...

This minus cashback points = 50% off Prime for me ;)

• Like 1

Questions about video content.

1) Can I run it through Google Chromecast or will it only run through their new Firestick? Not natively, but there are workarounds.  http://chromecasthelp.net/

2) How good is the content vs. Netflix which I already have.  I don't have Netflix, but I hear Netflix is somewhat better.

3)  Is content free?  Pay?  Both depending on how new it is? Both