Time to sell Ninjago Destiny's Bounty 9446?

Legodog

9446 doesn't seem to be fetching too much over RRP on eBay yet so there would be little return if any after fees, etc, unless you purchased these at a heavily discounted price. With patience I think you'll be much more successful with this set, then again that's just my opinion. I don't watch the Ninjago stuff too closely, how long has this set been EOL?

Yeah understandable, I don't own any Ninjago myself because I try to only invest in stuff that fits into the "I like it category" just in case everything tanks then I'll still have stuff I like to build. That being said I still like Ninjago some, just don't like it enough to start investing in it. Like you said it is hard to say what will happen with this set and the Ninjago theme because this is the first time it's been out (Themes like Harry Potter, Batman, Star Wars have been around for quite some time so we at least can get an idea on how these themes will perform). I do not know a lot about Ninjago, but what I do know is that it was and still is a huge hit among kids and some sets have done quite well in the aftermarket already so that's a good sign for set 9446. I would hold them if I were you, but pay close attention to eBay and the current sales trends so you can pitch them quickly if things head south. You could also sell 3 or 4 of them now for small profits and keep the other 3 for the long haul. Definitely a hard decision with set man!

I would wait to sell them. There are new sets coming out so demand for the older sets should be strong enough to have a positive affect on their value. But since you have several, you could sell a couple to recoup costs, that is up to you. Like Rich B mentioned above, I only collect sets I like to and I initially wasn't interested in this line till I saw the dragons. Someone like myself who loves dragons gravitated to this theme just for the dragons. I just need the lightning dragon and gold one to complete my collection. I think the dragons sets will do very good in the after market because of how successful the line is and the coolest of the dragons.