BRICKPICKER IMPROVEMENTS...

If you haven't already noticed, there has been some changes made to the BRICKPICKER site and features. Here are some of the upgrades:

***New BRICKPICKER template and appearance for easier understanding and faster navigation.

***New and upgraded BRICKFOLIO tool that enables you to keep track of your LEGO collection's current value.

~~New charts and graphs that break down your collection into themes and their performance

~~The ability to import your collection from Brickset.com or Rebrickable.com.

***New INVESTOR'S SPOTLIGHT that highlights a particular LEGO set and its investment potential.

We are working hard to improve the BRICKPICKER site and to give the LEGO investor/collector up to date and accurate information. Please feel free to post feedback or ideas on improving the site. Also, if there are any issues, problems or incorrect data, let us know.

If you haven't already noticed, there has been some changes made to the BRICKPICKER site and features. Here are some of the upgrades:

***New BRICKPICKER template and appearance for easier understanding and faster navigation.

***New and upgraded BRICKFOLIO tool that enables you to keep track of your LEGO collection's current value.

~~New charts and graphs that break down your collection into themes and their performance

***New INVESTOR'S SPOTLIGHT that highlights a particular LEGO set and its investment potential.

We are working hard to improve the BRICKPICKER site and to give the LEGO investor/collector up to date and accurate information. Please feel free to post feedback or ideas on improving the site. Also, if there are any issues, problems or incorrect data, let us know.

Looks great. I can't wait to plug in my sets to see how much money I have invested.

I like the new graphs and pie charts.

A quick note tonight. I have just posted a few new enhancements to the Set Details page. We are now displaying the Price Per Brick (PPB) for the Retail price(if available), the current PPB value for new sets and the current PPB for used sets. You will be able to find this information in the Stats bar that runs across the top of the page. We have also added in the ability to change the currency in which you view the stats as well as the ability to change to a local eBay feed. Local Amazon prices are coming next. The currency prices will be updated 4 times a day. If you are looking for a specific currency that is not available there, please post what you need and I will add it to the options. Currently I select the main currencies based on our traffic. Feel free to post any questions regarding this update. Thanks, Jeff

A quick note tonight. I have just posted a few new enhancements to the Set Details page. We are now displaying the Price Per Brick (PPB) for the Retail price(if available), the current PPB value for new sets and the current PPB for used sets. You will be able to find this information in the Stats bar that runs across the top of the page.

We have also added in the ability to change the currency in which you view the stats as well as the ability to change to a local eBay feed. Local Amazon prices are coming next. The currency prices will be updated 4 times a day. If you are looking for a specific currency that is not available there, please post what you need and I will add it to the options. Currently I select the main currencies based on our traffic.

Feel free to post any questions regarding this update.

Thanks,

Jeff

I really like the PRICE PER BRICK data. Ever think about making a chart with the sets that have the cheapest PPB?

A quick note tonight. I have just posted a few new enhancements to the Set Details page. We are now displaying the Price Per Brick (PPB) for the Retail price(if available), the current PPB value for new sets and the current PPB for used sets. You will be able to find this information in the Stats bar that runs across the top of the page.

We have also added in the ability to change the currency in which you view the stats as well as the ability to change to a local eBay feed. Local Amazon prices are coming next. The currency prices will be updated 4 times a day. If you are looking for a specific currency that is not available there, please post what you need and I will add it to the options. Currently I select the main currencies based on our traffic.

Feel free to post any questions regarding this update.

Thanks,

Jeff

Very helpful data.

May I ask how you change currency? I have entered my localisation as UK, but all prices still appear in USD. I have entered a set with its purchase price as 29.99 which will be GBP but the price shows as USD 29.99, and the current ebay value is shown as USD. Not sure if it is using ebay UK for price comparison although I have also set this in the localisation. If so are the ebay prices shown actually USD or are they GBP? If they are actually USD then comparing them with the GBP purchase value I entered is meaningless. Many thanks.

May I ask how you change currency? I have entered my localisation as UK, but all prices still appear in USD. I have entered a set with its purchase price as 29.99 which will be GBP but the price shows as USD 29.99, and the current ebay value is shown as USD. Not sure if it is using ebay UK for price comparison although I have also set this in the localisation. If so are the ebay prices shown actually USD or are they GBP? If they are actually USD then comparing them with the GBP purchase value I entered is meaningless. Many thanks.

I don't want to give you the wrong answer, so I alerted my brother Jeff, who is the designer of the site. He will give you the proper answer. I am just the resident LEGO 'collector/investor.' Thanks

All prices on this site are based on the USD. All eBay prices are based on the USD as well. They are just converted with the current exchange rate. Currently we have exchange rates updating 4 times a day and this is working on the price guide only. As far as the Brickfolio goes, it is all USD at the moment. Currency is big focus of the next update. An option to set your currency will be built right into the Brickfolio options. We just released this version last week and I have been making adjustments regularly.

In the price guide, you can pick your currency for the price displays and eBay feed by selecting it from the drop down options that are on that page.

Check back to this forum, we will post an update when more currency options are available for the Brickfolio.

Thank you,

Jeff

Many thanks for the quick reply. Just so I understand you correctly: the localisation and currency preferences only apply at the moment to the price guide and not Brickfolio? Is the price guide for my UK view of the information being taken from ebay UK even though you indicate the site is obtaining the USD values and then coverting them again back into GBP? Is Brickfolio using the same ebay UK source as the price guide for its price information but its just not coverting it back into GBP at present? Or is it using another source? As far as I understand it, it seems Brickfolio is presently unuseable outside the US. I look forward to the time when I can enter all of my investment sets into Brickfolio and see their current ebay and Amazon UK GBP values and gains. Currently I do it manually on a spreadsheet! Many thanks. Keep up the good work.

All prices on this site are based on the USD. All eBay prices are based on the USD as well. They are just converted with the current exchange rate. Currently we have exchange rates updating 4 times a day and this is working on the price guide only. As far as the Brickfolio goes, it is all USD at the moment. Currency is big focus of the next update. An option to set your currency will be built right into the Brickfolio options. We just released this version last week and I have been making adjustments regularly.

In the price guide, you can pick your currency for the price displays and eBay feed by selecting it from the drop down options that are on that page.

Check back to this forum, we will post an update when more currency options are available for the Brickfolio.

Thank you,

Jeff

The currency issue is a very difficult problem to deal with. I had a collectible beer bottle/beer steins site a few years back and it was very difficult to incorporate all the different currencies from around the world. Each country has their own taxes and BS, so a simple conversion is not always easy. I feel your pain.