Is this what I think it is?

Migration

Question

Hey gregpj, I know it's cold up there so this is an easy one. Is this what I think it is? If so I realllly like this lot.

Hahaha, yeah it's cold up here. Looks like someone made some modifications though. Those two 1x1 round plates don't belong.

What's the second one, the shutle expedition or adventure? Hard to tell with the modifications made to the booster rockets.

That is a very very.... very nice catch... But one has to point out for the starters here, that getting such a  gorgeous set in a bulk lot these days is more exception than rule. In my area anyways.

Very true. I still find hidden gems in the bulk lots I buy, but they are not a gorgeous as a Grand Carousel. But, you also have to factor in the buy-in price as well. $50 for 100+ pounds is an amazing deal IMO.

That is a very very.... very nice catch... But one has to point out for the starters here, that getting such a  gorgeous set in a bulk lot these days is more exception than rule. In my area anyways.

Very true. I still find hidden gems in the bulk lots I buy, but they are not a gorgeous as a Grand Carousel. But, you also have to factor in the buy-in price as well. $50 for 100+ pounds is an amazing deal IMO.

I can't stress that enougth, in the 3 or so years I've been doing this I've only had 2 other lots come close to this one in terms of what's in it and what I paid, and I probably sort 1000+ pounds a year. The other thing is sorting a lot of this size is a TON of work. This one has NO instructions included so even figuring out what's in it is a challenge. Incidentally I only found three of those white sails so they are either for another set or my Carousel is incomplete. Also no giant green baseplate. Can't complain to much though, takes time away from sorting;) You can get exceptionally lucky and find amazing sets in bulk lots (trust me, just about every nice set I own came from bulk), but easy it is not.

I can't stress that enougth, in the 3 or so years I've been doing this I've only had 2 other lots come close to this one in terms of what's in it and what I paid, and I probably sort 1000+ pounds a year. The other thing is sorting a lot of this size is a TON of work. This one has NO instructions included so even figuring out what's in it is a challenge. Incidentally I only found three of those white sails so they are either for another set or my Carousel is incomplete. Also no giant green baseplate. Can't complain to much though, takes time away from sorting;) You can get exceptionally lucky and find amazing sets in bulk lots (trust me, just about every nice set I own came from bulk), but easy it is not.

Even those sails fetch nice prices individually.

It's definitely a lot harder.  Each city now has at least one "shark" ready to pounce.  And almost everyone has heard that legos are "hot."  Two years ago I was getting such great mixed lots, it's a major bummer.

Yeah, it's been at least a year since I've picked up a home run lot off CL, and even then I had to spend $500 to get it, but knew it was a winner.  Even garage sale listings are getting hard to find really good deals. 

You can get exceptionally lucky and find amazing sets in bulk lots (trust me, just about every nice set I own came from bulk), but easy it is not.

I know what you mean. I haven't found anything amazing as a Grand Carousel or a 10179 Millennium Falcon, but I have found some sets that I would have never expected to see in a bulk lot. For example, I found a 4957 Ferris Wheel in a bulk lot, and until the day I identified the set, I had no idea the set existed.

I know what you mean. I haven't found anything amazing as a Grand Carousel or a 10179 Millennium Falcon, but I have found some sets that I would have never expected to see in a bulk lot. For example, I found a 4957 Ferris Wheel in a bulk lot, and until the day I identified the set, I had no idea the set existed.

The first big lot I ever bought had three 10144 Sandcrawlers in it. I was in way over my head, had no idea 10144 existed, but kept finding Jawas (lot also had no instructions). The same lot also had a Sail Barge (original), BatCave (original), MTT (big one), Burrow, and the large Hogwarts Castle. I was hooked after that, even with all the work.

The first big lot I ever bought had three 10144 Sandcrawlers in it. I was in way over my head, had no idea 10144 existed, but kept finding Jawas (lot also had no instructions). The same lot also had a Sail Barge (original), BatCave (original), MTT (big one), Burrow, and the large Hogwarts Castle. I was hooked after that, even with all the work.

From the first time I bought a small bulk lot from a garage sale, I was hooked. I knew that there is a lot of work that goes into bulk lots, but I find it enjoyable and profitable. Most of the time, I keep the sets I like for a little while before I sell them. I make a nice profit and I get to enjoy the sets.

• Like 1