5002947 - Admiral Yularen

TheOrcKing

Is it a good idea to get rid of this polybag right now? Or is it worth holding these longterm?

Thoughts?

​I would hold it.  You missed the initial $35 and up PP and now that it is no longer available and all of the LEGO Shop at Home orders  have been delivered we should see how many listings there are by Saturday night.  I think this may be rarer then expected with limited 4 day availability and $75 buy in like Revan but with no great sale to cause people to place multiple orders.  This all depends on what they plan to do with the extras, Hoth Hahn.

• Like 1

​I would hold it.  You missed the initial $35 and up PP and now that it is no longer available and all of the LEGO Shop at Home orders  have been delivered we should see how many listings there are by Saturday night.  I think this may be rarer then expected with limited 4 day availability and $75 buy in like Revan but with no great sale to cause people to place multiple orders.  This all depends on what they plan to do with the extras, Hoth Hahn.

​the problem is, unlike revan, the figure is pretty bland and insignificant.  there is decent demand at the moment because it received a lot of attention.  once this attention dries up how many buyers will be out looking for this?  I suspect this is one of those times where its best to ride the wave.  I can see this being rare, but a year from now will there be any market to jack the price up?

Edited by jay4e
  • Like 1

LEGO sent me a poster without the figure.  I called them yesterday and they are sending me a replacement.  The CS rep indicated that they had these leftover so I'm betting they will be back in a future promo if there are enough available.  It would be a nice combo with another minifigure somewhere down the road.

Edited by zskid00
  • Like 1

​It looks like I will receive two Admiral Yularen with two large SW sets I purchased at 10% off. One I already have in hand, the other is already on its way to me. German LEGO Shop at Home still hands them out until tomorrow as "May the 4th" lasts for 8 days here. I put one Yularen on auction and will see how it goes before I decide what to do with my second copy.

Price is plummeting. I never understand why sellers just fight and scrape their way to the bottom, but it is exactly like I knew would happen when people were excited about the $35 price for a day or two.

​It's the Yularen bubble.

Or supply and demand. Call it what you will, the market always corrects itself. The most recent auctions are going for ~$20, so I don't see a BIN of $35 returning regardless of "impatient morons" like me. :jester: 

The market is the market.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm optimistic.  I've been holding a 5002123 Darth Revan for a year.  They dropped to $20 (or less) in the first month or so, and I was doubtful it was going to move back up... but now (a year later) they're in the $40 - $45 range on ebay, and moving up at a rate of about 80% / year.  Of course, Adm. Yularen is no Darth Revan... but I think Pseudoty is right.  I think Yularen will be far rarer in the future.  He may even beat Revan over the long term.

• 2 weeks later...

It's still early since Yularen came on the market. Because of the weak interest in this character, there won't be much demand for a long time. It will, however, likely rise well because of the weak interest now. Rarity grips people in funny ways.

It's still early since Yularen came on the market. Because of the weak interest in this character, there won't be much demand for a long time. It will, however, likely rise well because of the weak interest now. Rarity grips people in funny ways.

​Unless Yularen plays a noticeable role in the new movie, growth will likely be slow.  Once the initial hype wares off new completionists and those build DS scenes will want him, but demand beyond that will be weak.  the problem with markets like ebay and amazon, is its hard to just stumble upon rare and relatively unknown things.   Generally some one has to be looking for something for it to sell well.  And I just do not see a lot of people looking for Admiral Yularen minifigures.  If you dont want to let them go now, the best time may be around may the 4th next year, when topic is hot again.

• Like 1

I have 300 of them but you have to buy all of them to get the 10.00 price

I will take all 300 at $8 each.  This guy continues to hold at $20 on ebay doesn't seem to be a race to the bottom like Electro, RR, WS, and MM.  When Ian McKellen  makes his cameo appearance in VII as the Admiral this thing will be gold.