Toys R US Boxing Week - 30% off select LEGO Chima, Star Wars and DC Super Heroes

Spensar

From Toys R Us Canada Boxing Week Flyer:

30% off select LEGO Chima, Star Wars and DC Super Heroes building sets

Suggestions on sets to look for? 

The dreaded "Select" is in there, so hard to say.

I'll be sure to check them out online on boxing day though, but no way in hell am i venturing out to do any physical shopping on the 26th ><

From Toys R Us Canada Boxing Week Flyer:

30% off select LEGO Chima, Star Wars and DC Super Heroes building sets

Suggestions on sets to look for? 

I'm going to guess not too much - the Superman sets from DC are likely to be on sale, but they were 40% from amazon.ca last week, so this isn't that great of a deal. As for SW, since exclusives likely will be excluded, the large sets that might be of interest would be the Sail Barge, AT-TE, Rancor, Jedi Defender - these have been discounted at other retailers and might not be around much longer, so 30% off if you missed out before isn't bad.

Any change the MF is discounted? Granted, it is already marked up to $199 from $179, but at 30% off I'd probably be in for a few.

The dreaded "Select" is in there, so hard to say.

The devil's always in the fine print.   I was at TRU on the weekend during their Dec 19-21 "up to 20% off" on Lego City, SW, etc.    It didn't escape my notice that some of the larger sets were definitely discounted less than 20% off.  (such as Town Square, which was $20 off, not 20% off).

While sales on the exclusives are a bit more rare... it would be nice to see AA go on sale at this point. Especially since (last i checked) they had like 70 of these still in stock. 70 is a crazy amount to have of 1 exclusive.

We have seen the exclusives at %15 off recently and a BOGO early in the year, so anythings possible! Just not very likely.

Meh, that's underwhelming.

I'm not too familiar with Boxing Day sales. Should we expect anything interesting from the other retailers in Canada: Target, Walmart, Sears?

I would prefer to know in advance if I should reserve December 26th or not...

Edited by Stragus

While sales on the exclusives are a bit more rare... it would be nice to see AA go on sale at this point. Especially since (last i checked) they had like 70 of these still in stock. 70 is a crazy amount to have of 1 exclusive.

We have seen the exclusives at %15 off recently and a BOGO early in the year, so anythings possible! Just not very likely.

Do they ever actually go on sale? The 15% off was just a coupon code that incidentally applied to exclusives, but I've never seen them explicitly discounted on their own.

Meh, that's underwhelming.

I'm not too familiar with Boxing Day sales. Should we expect anything interesting from the other retailers in Canada: Target, Walmart, Sears?

I would prefer to know in advance if I should reserve December 26th or not...

Yes and no. Boxing day is really to clear out old electronics and selling 2-3 loss leaders to get you to into the store to buy newer items.

I go out for 1-2 items every year that are a little under the radar and make 100+% the following winter but across the board, the deals are not very good.

Ex Astris, Scientia.

• Like 1

So I didnt see 30% off anything...there was only 50% off monster fighters, castle and galaxy squad. And castle and MF only had 1 set each on the shelf.

Nothing was 30% discounted at the store?? The website is certainly not showing anything other than CHIMA 70155 at 30% off. Seems very dickish of TRUs make a show of discounts in the flyer and really discount nothing!