Double VIP Points - Jan 5th

MikeF

I have just been sent an email telling me that as I purchased some lego on the 22nd November, during the Black Friday early access that I will be entitled to double vip points on any purchase made on January 5th

This may only apply to people in the UK as that is where I am, so keep an eye on your mailbox just in case you get one too

Means that I may now postpone my first purchase of the year for a few extra days

Looks like US gets a similar deal on Sunday 12/13.

Exclusive Offer--One Day Only

Shop at the LEGO Store or shop.LEGO.com on Sunday, December 14 and you'll earn DOUBLE the VIP points on all purchases!

Earn a $5 reward for every $50 you spend!

Offer only valid December 14, 2014 at the LEGO Store and shop.LEGO.com. 

Not a LEGO VIP member? Sign up today in store or at VIP.LEGO.com to take advantage of this special offer.

I have just been sent an email telling me that as I purchased some lego on the 22nd November, during the Black Friday early access that I will be entitled to double vip points on any purchase made on January 5th

This may only apply to people in the UK as that is where I am, so keep an eye on your mailbox just in case you get one too

Means that I may now postpone my first purchase of the year for a few extra days

I got one too. It's for the whole of EU most likely.

It'll take the sting out of any new release purchases at least, as well as the promo.

Edited by tractorboy

I got one too. It's for the whole of EU most likely.

It'll take the sting out of any new release purchases at least, as well as the promo.

True, lets hope that the new releases are still available to ship on the 5th as I hate waiting - lol

Guest TabbyBoy

the question is: would anything truly worth buying be left by then?  There are so many sets that are sold out, temporary or otherwise.

If any sets have delayed availability, you should still be able to back-order and LEGO should honour the 2xVIP price.  I've always had back-orders fulfilled even though it can take a while sometimes.  I actually still have a Horizon Express on back-order and CS say that I'll be getting it eventually.  Whether it's old stock or a new production run, who knows?

Edited by TabbyBoy

I guess that's a good opportunity to start uploading PS and other exclusives which might retire in one year.

Which sets do you guys think will go EOL in let's say one year from now?

those are on my list for 2015: PS, TB, T1, TOO, Simpson house, DS, ewok village, 10240, EEE 

just pure speculation, not more!

Guest TabbyBoy

I see that the 60062 Arctic Ice Breaker is selling at a premium in the US as it's out of stock there but, we can order 10 max in the UK still.  But, knowing LEGO, they'll drop the quantity.  This could be a dark horse set as I've not seen this non-exclusive discounted anywhere.

I see that the 60062 Arctic Ice Breaker is selling at a premium in the US as it's out of stock there but, we can order 10 max in the UK still.  But, knowing LEGO, they'll drop the quantity.  This could be a dark horse set as I've not seen this non-exclusive discounted anywhere.

This set is a Toys R Us Exclusive in the USA and LEGO Shop at Home is out until 12/27.

TRU is generally out of stock but I found 2 and bought at $120 and sold at $185 within 24 hours both.

I'm going to be honest, double VIP points really doesn't excite me at the moment.  Everything I want from them is out of stock right now and you can get 10% off on TRU gift cards at cardpool right now which is the same thing.  I may just pick up some Falling waters at B&****** at $57 this weekend or just hold on to my money now so I can buy even more sets that I want when they become available after the holidays.