Classic 2015

Well I'm thankful for the tan plate.  And I'm thankful that they didn't get rid of baseplates altogether.  The loss of blue (lucky i bought 12 of them last year) and the change up of the green color makes this a wash though. I suppose people making large layouts can sell the 626's for a profit and then replace them all with the new ones.

I saw a variety of these on the shelves at my Toys R Us today... all seemed priced around $.075 per brick (more or less).  I think the drought of bulk bricks is coming to an end... I'd sell those Creative Towers, Suitcases, and whatever else (if I had any left).

Nice try! I'll be pulled kicking and screaming from my creative tower fort.

...jk. :D

New green plate is getting quite a bit of flack  in shop @ home reviews. People are pissed not only by price hike, but because the color is off, so it can't integrate easily into set ups they already have that are based on 626

I was afraid as much though the consensus is understandable.

Well I'm thankful for the tan plate.  And I'm thankful that they didn't get rid of baseplates altogether.

Same here despite the change of green.

Anyone else think they bring back the blue plates soon?  Would make sense to coincide with the new pirates line.

This Classic line is so new yet very 'basic' with what it offers; who knows the schedule LEGO has for all items under such a category including the baseplates. They could for example next year swap the current tan with a blue while retaining the green then by the following year change out the green with some other color. I could figure LEGO will keep these baseplates practically all year round while doing something to mix things up I guess. You are right a blue baseplate would have been perfect for these upcoming Pirates sets. I wonder if we may see a red one like what Palace Cinema uses.

On a whim, I checked out the inventory list down the back of 10693 Creative Supplement's box and what caught my eye was the selection albeit small amount of dark blue pieces. The same color the first floor of Market Street was. For $20 I can think of worst purchases but surprisingly this Classic set does include a few for at least three of the basic bricks. I checked Bricklink to compare inventories and made the little list below. While the 2x2 brick would be taken care of with two buy-ins of the set, anything else would require close to ten.

Creative Supplement / Market Street

Dark Blue Brick 1 x 2

4 / 38

Dark Blue Brick 1 x 4

8 / 79

Dark Blue Brick 2 x 2

4 / 5

If this set were to see a sale and/or you really liked all pieces included, this may be a good investment for your personal collection of bricks. There actually is a decent selection of pieces such as this green slope, this rare & new 2x6 dark red brick, dark green modified 1x1 brick, dark blue inverted 2x2 slope, dark azure slope, etcetera. Hmm, this really is a pretty sweet selection of 303 parts just for $20.

• Like 1

I feel like asking if anybody is planning to buy some sets from this line for themselves or their children. Sure these don't stick out like that new Ultron set and I admit to typically going for the more unique designs because I generally find better usage from the special pieces but the more I look into the inventory of these, the more inclined I am to just buying a bunch because the selection in bricks is quite good. For parents I can see getting a complete collection one of each set for your kid and let them go crazy. Heck, join in the fun yourself too. That'd be a pretty cool birthday even when it actually wasn't their birthday. :)

I saw a variety of these on the shelves at my Toys R Us today... all seemed priced around $.075 per brick (more or less).  I think the drought of bulk bricks is coming to an end... I'd sell those Creative Towers, Suitcases, and whatever else (if I had any left).

Didn't they (TLC) always carry some sort of "basic bricks" year to year? Why "the drought of bulk bricks"?

Edited by No More Monkeys

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...