BOOK LEGO Star Wars: Character Encyclopedia - Updated and Expanded

TheOrcKing

• 3 months later...

it's a refresh (although a lower quality one as DK minifigs are). 

think about it.  if the avg joe wants a lego prototype white armor fett, is he going to shell out $60+ for the old or $15 with a free kid's book for the "latest and greatest"?  plus the new one looks way cooler.

I think the original is still going to command a decent price as the figure is different enough. Hardcore Star Wars collectors will probably still want it. It will just be more of a limited demand for it since the new one has better detailing. 

it's a refresh (although a lower quality one as DK minifigs are). 

think about it.  if the avg joe wants a lego prototype white armor fett, is he going to shell out $60+ for the old or $15 with a free kid's book for the "latest and greatest"?  plus the new one looks way cooler.

I will be shelling out the $15 for the one that comes with the book. :)

So what's the potential on the new white boba fett? 

Looking up prices on ebay of the previous encyclopedia that is now sold out...it still sells for barely retail and the exclusive Han Solo doesn't go for much at all.  Is that because it wasn't desirable and if so what will make this Boba Fett desirable when it comes with a book that will cost at most $18.99 for probably 3 years? 

Just curious cause this is the first I'm looking into this product.  Aside from wanting it and basically getting the book free, I'm in but for investing, I don't know much on it.  

I do not think it is a limited edition is it?

If it is even Zelda Majora's Mask Collector's Guide Limited Edition showed over 1,000 for over an hour last night as I kept checking when the price was $20, I ordered 10 and then it was immediately out of stock so I am not sure the quantity field is always accurate.

Proofreading for these books must be low on the totem pole. This one shows the Geonosis version of Padme but calls it the Tatooine version. Minor detail, but still....

Yes, there have been many errors in those books. I recall an error with the Potter Lupin minifig. They used the box art image for the character (instead of the actual one). So I had many people looking to get the correct one, insisting it was real (even though it never existed).

mQM9VahPh60ocArlDum2xrA.jpg

$T2eC16hHJHgE9n0yHFDqBQ+)s0W)mw~~60_35.J

Proofreading for these books must be low on the totem pole. This one shows the Geonosis version of Padme but calls it the Tatooine version. Minor detail, but still....

I spotted right out the gate they listed the wrong year typed in the Data File box on the Rebel Pilot from 75032 (the microfigther version) as released in 2006 yet the text box to the right states the correct date of 2014. Now I wonder what other tidbits are incorrect.