Would you say this is a good or bad price?

king156

Guest brickcrazyhouse

I don't think there going to mug me in broad daylight. That's if they even turn up.

it's not the time when you do the sale that you'll worry about. it's them knowing what is in your house and leaving. you never know who has shady friends who do dirt

There's no way any buyer would pay that much up front without seeing the sets.

For that kind of money, you should be putting them in your car and meeting him at the local Tesco. Bring a friend. If he's insisting on meeting you at your place, simply refuse. Too good to be true works both ways. I don't know where you are in the UK but there are some pretty bad parts from my own experience.

Edited by grackleflint

Sorry to divert this thread but I always wondered what would happen in these cases if the buyer paid up front by Paypal and later claimed they never received the goods. Would Paypal automatically block the transaction and how could a seller prove that the collection had been made? Would a signed delivery note be sufficient proof? The seller could have forged it....

Edited by valenciaeric

Sorry to divert this thread but I always wondered what would happen in these cases if the buyer paid up front by Paypal and later claimed they never received the goods. Would Paypal automatically block the transaction and how could a seller prove that the collection had been made? Would a signed delivery note be sufficient proof? The seller could have forged it....

It depends on how the buyer sends a PayPal payment. PayPal would refund the buyer if the buyer sends the payment as payment for goods and services and specifies a delivery address. PayPal Seller Protection only protects sellers for physical goods that are shipped by a third party major shipper (government postal service, DHL, UPS, etc) that has online tracking available that they can independently verify.

If the Paypal payment for goods/services does not have a delivery address, it can be considered local pickup/delivery where verification is not required and the money can not be taken away.

There are also PayPal payments that are gifts, not for goods/services. Those can not be taken away either.

• Like 1