79003 - An Unexpected Gathering

You guys that I sent the Wholesale Lego Form to, And under The Hobbit, The Gathering the form says Available all year, Now it will be out all year, but everybody does not have to sell it all year. As long as they ordered all the Hobbit stuff at the beginning of the year, and 74% of other Lego Themes they did what Lego made them do about ordering what they were suppose to. But I am pretty sure you will keep seeing it at Toys R Us, Amazon, and Lego, Target.

I still haven't picked one of these up yet. It's one if those sets that I see myself looking at everytime I'm in Target or Wal-Mart. I've been thinking about getting one on Amazon lately at 55.73........idk.....

If you buy it and build it, you'll want to buy more. It's a fantastic set. It's a really fun build, packed with details and delicate architecture. The characters are spot-on. And green bricks are my personal favorite.

If you buy it and build it, you'll want to buy more. It's a fantastic set. It's a really fun build, packed with details and delicate architecture. The characters are spot-on. And green bricks are my personal favorite.

Couldn't agree more, Diabolos.  What an exceptional set.  I think its charm may be hidden by the box, i.e. the set really comes to life during the build.  And the jewel green color tones are fabulous...

I still haven't picked one of these up yet. It's one if those sets that I see myself looking at everytime I'm in Target or Wal-Mart. I've been thinking about getting one on Amazon lately at 55.73........idk.....

I believe that you can get it for slightly cheaper on eBay than on Amazon, if you are willing to sit through an auction. There's one on Amazon that ends tomorrow: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-The-Hobbit-An-Unexpected-Gathering-79003-NEW-/151074872018?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item232cc39ad2 Current bid of $31 plus $12 shipping.

• 2 months later...

It's been on clearance at Walmarts around me for a while $49/ea

The Hobbit theme is just not moving where I am in the northeast.  Even at 49, the Goblin King was at 69 at Walmart and 65 at Target for the past 2 weeks.  Those are barely moving off the shelves.  The buyers at the big box (Target, Walmart) might stop ordering that theme all together until the next wave.  Anyone else seeing the same thing at a different part of the country?

I think this set will be "the burrow" of the hobbit theme. Iconic scene and a little under the radar will equate to big profits later. At least I am banking on it. Just picked up five more yesterday to bring me up to twenty. All bought at various walmarts for $49/ each. I am still looking for more. Don't miss out on this one!

Still a good investment at $75? That is my question; haven`t been able to find any cheaper then that in several months. If they are retiring, I`ll have to buy at least a few more even if it isn`t nearly as good a value. Can`t miss out though. What do you guys think about that price point? 

Still a good investment at $75? That is my question; haven`t been able to find any cheaper then that in several months. If they are retiring, I`ll have to buy at least a few more even if it isn`t nearly as good a value. Can`t miss out though. What do you guys think about that price point? 

I anticipate it giving a great return regardless. But hopefully we get some better deals from the Euro amazons before they disappear

The LOTR sets have been good sellers here, but the hobbit sets don't move. Still waiting for clearance on UG though, so i hope they continue to stay put.

I'm in Minnesota, and it is similar here.  Most Hobbit sets have been on clearance for a while at 80% of the Walmarts.  I once got two Goblin Kings at $47 each.  They were $69 for over a month, but even that wasn't attractive enough for people to bite.  I just about had a heart attack when I saw the $47 price tag.

I have seen Unexpected Gathering on clearance for $49 regularly.  I am getting tired of seeing MIrkwood Spiders everywhere for $21.  Every Walmart seems to have 10-20 of them and can't get rid of them.