75050 - B-Wing

jnd2k3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Wouldn't mind one for the personal collection but not rushing to buy at mrsp. Bogof at the moment so could pick up a pair and stash one for a later sale to recoup some of the original purchase. Anyone a buyer of this one as an investment? I get the general feeling that the b-wing is pretty unloved in the Lego world (so your after market is only really hard core collectors who now have so much more to spend their $$$ on).

Has it really been 9 months since anyone discussed this model? At least it is retired now so might make some headway by movie release, although the major shops all have plenty left.

instead of 75050 subtract 1 and consider 75049 Snowspeeder which is out of stock for shipping at Walmart, Target and Amazon thinkgeek. entertainment earth and hard to find in store at target or walmart .  in stock at TRU and kmart.

i have a small hunch it could be leaving and have stocked 24 though agree it's a bit of a stretch since its been out barely a year.

There is a first order snowspeeder in the new movie.  Probably means we'll see a rebel snowspeeder.

Swoosh. 

Edited by cladner

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The 75050 B-Wing is up near $100 on Amazon and selling nicely.  This was the first set I bought multiples of for resale purposes (though the idea was widely panned online) and could easily be had in the $20s a year and a half ago.    Nice run already for a simple OT ship with exclusive minifigs...plus with no re-re-re-remake rumors currently I am actually holding onto my last few to see if these can reach 5x my average buy-in.

Edited by uaford

23 minutes ago, uaford said:

The 75050 B-Wing is up near $100 on Amazon and selling nicely.  This was the first set I bought multiples of for resale purposes (though the idea was widely panned online) and could easily be had in the $20s a year and a half ago.    Nice run already for a simple OT ship with exclusive minifigs...plus with no re-re-re-remake rumors currently I am actually holding onto my last few to see if these can reach 5x my average buy-in.

I´m moving to the US then.

Checking the price-history of this set at Brickwatch apparently it was sold at a minimum for €20,40 some time around July/August 2015. That was a month before I came out of my LEGO Dark Ages, so I missed that opportunity. At Dutch RRP of €64,99 I wasn't interested in it :P

Still not interested in it any way, though I wish I could have gotten the 10227 UCS version at the big discount it apparently sold before EOL. Even just for my own collection. Oh well...

1 hour ago, Haay said:

Checking the price-history of this set at Brickwatch apparently it was sold at a minimum for €20,40 some time around July/August 2015. That was a month before I came out of my LEGO Dark Ages, so I missed that opportunity. At Dutch RRP of €64,99 I wasn't interested in it :P

Still not interested in it any way, though I wish I could have gotten the 10227 UCS version at the big discount it apparently sold before EOL. Even just for my own collection. Oh well...

I hear y'all. I sold all 15 of my $99 sets for. $200 shipped.  Sold a $140 one for $200.  Then bought one for $275 after EOL because I wanted one to eventually build.

• Like 1