10143 - UCS: Death Star II

Fcbarcelona101

• 6 months later...

Does anyone expect there to an impact on this set from the release of the new 75159 Death Star?  I know we don't really have the details of the new set...is there a chance that it is more like this than the 10188 set?  I am thinking about purchasing one but don't want to have the worst timing ever.  That being said, I can get get a pretty good deal on one right now.  Thanks.

5 minutes ago, uaford said:

Does anyone expect there to an impact on this set from the release of the new 75159 Death Star?  I know we don't really have the details of the new set...is there a chance that it is more like this than the 10188 set?  I am thinking about purchasing one but don't want to have the worst timing ever.  That being said, I can get get a pretty good deal on one right now.  Thanks.

how much is it

I think the new one is going to be a combination of the 2 Death Stars already released. I suspect it will be a closed front (half sphere) which can open up, and the back will be open, like the bat cave and new castle. This can therefore be equally for display and play. Rumours are the new one is a $500 set. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I personally think there will always be room for a displaying style Death Star. It is so iconic in nature and plays well with all of the UCS versions of the ships. The place at style of the latest death star clearly caters to a different Lego collector as well as people with kids. I think something in the middle of the two could fill that space easily especially if it is done on a very big scale, otherwise people on one side of the fence or the other will truly only have one choice based on their purchase reason. That being said look at the way the Cinderella Castle came out. It's actually quite impressive and is a hybrid of its own so we could very well see something like that.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

So I opened this to verify contents for buyer I already have here (you guys are sharks). I heated the seals with a blow dryer. They held up well, especially  compared to the ones they use now. cartons inside similar to the SSD, piece of white cardboard and manual sandwiched between. I assume sticker in one of the boxes, don't suppose if anyone knows for sure? The interior boxes do have push tabs instead of seals. 

IMG_6512.jpg

IMG_6511.jpg

IMG_6509.jpg

IMG_6510.jpg

• Like 4