BRICKPICKER BLOG GROUP

Ed Mack

I'm looking for people who are interested in joining this group.  So far we have all the Mods and Alpinemaps.  If you are previous blog contest winner or runner up and want to join, let me know.  If you never wrote a blog or article, but know you can and would like to give it a try, let me know and we will open up the Wordpress blog section to you so you can give it a try.

I have made an introductory post in the blog writers group forum, so approved members can check it out.  Thanks.

Just wanted to show the system we will be using to track peoples articles and payouts.  We have lots of options for growth in the future if it works out.  We can pay people via Paypal easily using this. These examples here are from past articles.

attachicon.gifblog_payout1.jpg

attachicon.gifblog_payout2.jpg

I like that much better than the old Brickpoints/contest system. It just seems a more tangible way of doing things. Not sure if the PayPal thing is set in stone, but I would rather see Amazon/Lego/Target e-gift cards. That's just me though, and it's not really much of an issue.

I like that much better than the old Brickpoints/contest system. It just seems a more tangible way of doing things. Not sure if the PayPal thing is set in stone, but I would rather see Amazon/Lego/Target e-gift cards. That's just me though, and it's not really much of an issue.

It depends on how many people are working on content.  If I need to payout 20 people after every month.  I can do that in a few mouse clicks.  If I need to order 20 giftcards from Lego or Amazon, I will be sitting there for while.  We will see how it goes.  Cash is a good thing

I might start by converting over some of my guides, etc. that I've put into posts in the past.  Can have a running log of blog ideas?  It might be a good to come up with some ideas to choose from, or just leave it free form.  It doesn't matter either way.

You can start up a new thread in the Blog Writers(group) forum.  It should be open to you.

Never wrote a blog before but have the time and the desire to do so. I understand if you have enough people as I am newer here but would live to be in the loop.

You should now have access to the forum and blog admin

I don't seem to have access to the forum.

I do think the forum is a great idea to make sure we aren't stepping on one another's toes with a particular idea or topic.

I fixed the permission issue so you should see the forum under the Members Only section at the bottom.

• Like 1

While I have never written a blog I have written a journal back when we used to use pen and paper. I am still new to the resale business and have toyed with the idea of blogging my successes and failures doing this. I think my perspective of being completely new to this can help out others who are new because they will not know some of the basics and can learn right along with me. If this is something that interests you let me know.