• Yes
    • No
    • Depends
  2. 2. Are they a good investment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends

• 2 weeks later...

On Craig's List there is someone selling Lego Architecture Fallingwater house and John Hancock for $50. I know that the Fallingwater is worth around $100, but unfortunately, I am not sure that there is any large potential in these sets mainly because they are availible for long periods of time. Also, these sets cannot be played with since they are displays, therefore eliminating a large portion of the market of Lego items. Here is the link: http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/tag/3575303996.html Any thoughts on it? Thanks! ;)

• 1 month later...

Does any body know if Architecture is a good investment? I personally love the sets. everybody is always talking about Creator models (like the new 10232 Palace Cinema) are such a good investment but I never hear anything about Architecture, why? I especially love the new 21017 Imperial Hotel (as shown in the picture) and think it looks awesome! Any thoughts?

Previously I had no interest in these sets. I thought they were over priced and I doubted how well they would sell. However, they definitely are a little niche market. The Robie House in particular really drew me in and I was able to appreciate how good they were. I don't think they will do spectacularly, but as they are aimed at adults and collectors, I do believe they will net a solid return

Originally these sets were simple, boring, and lacked detail in my opinion. However I feel like some of these sets are beginning to look really good! The Robie House pulled me in as well. I also love Falling Water and the new Imperial Hotel. I think some of the Architecture sets will do pretty well once they are retired later down the road, while others will be complete flops. I think it all comes down to which set it is as some are much better than others. Just imagine if this line of sets were large scale like the Tower Bridge or even minifigure scale. Then we'd really have something!

While it looks ok, I really dislike collecting real life architecture converted into LEGO. For example this picture in Original Post. I consider it no value for me personally, but I know I am weird :D (same goes for Tower bridge or Eiffel tower but them 2 atleast look large, compared to this.)

Seems like the same rules will apply, just like conventional sets. Buy them on sale, and go for the big sets. I really like the Robie House in the current lineup from a purely aesthetic view, though I'm not sure about its potential as a big time investment winner. It isn't exactly an icon like the Taj Mahal or The Eiffel Tower. Then again, it could be a potential investment sleeper, and its on sale at a pretty decent discount at Toys R Us right now.

Seems like the same rules will apply, just like conventional sets. Buy them on sale, and go for the big sets. I really like the Robie House in the current lineup from a purely aesthetic view, though I'm not sure about its potential as a big time investment winner. It isn't exactly an icon like the Taj Mahal or The Eiffel Tower. Then again, it could be a potential investment sleeper, and its on sale at a pretty decent discount at Toys R Us right now.

It is exactly how I am thinking about them. If they were doubled the size I am sure more people would sit up and take notice, as there are some iconic buildings that they have done so far. I've been picking up a couple of the Robie House sets from TRU and am thinking about cracking one open to check it out from a building perspective.

waiting for Ed's MITB..................

LOL...Solid investments. Sleepers. Love the sets, but they don't get the love because of the lack of child fans and the high CAGRs. I have them all, multiples of some. I would say, if you like these sets, buy them. They are classy and make for wonderful office displays.

They look great and I don't doubt the investment potential, but the initial prices of the sets are outrageous!

Makes sense to me, as it's geared towards adult collectors with great purchasing power.

This, along with the fact that some of the sets are extremely well designed, is the reason why I think they'll do great after EOL.

LOL...Solid investments. Sleepers. Love the sets, but they don't get the love because of the lack of child fans and the high CAGRs. I have them all, multiples of some. I would say, if you like these sets, buy them. They are classy and make for wonderful office displays.

could you tell us two set that, in your opinion, will do the best in secondary market? thanks

I agree with all y'all and think that these are great sets but have poor investment potential. My sister loves london and doesn't like Legos that much but I showed her the Big Ben set and now she wants it pretty bad! :) #iopenedhereyes

They look great and I don't doubt the investment potential, but the initial prices of the sets are outrageous! Yo dunkers! :D Why is this under the minifigure topic?

Well I thought the prices where high at first to but I think Lego go's by piece count and if you look at the price vs the piece count it really levels the price out a lot. Don't know why I put it in the minifigure topic, guess I wasn't paying attention.

could you tell us two set that, in your opinion, will do the best in secondary market? thanks

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO