Bricklinking the 10143 Death Star II

hendrikdejager

LEGO_10143_PIC.jpg

The Lego Starwars 10143 Death Star II is an iconic Lego set that most of us know. I have been on the lookout for this for quite awhile and whenever i saw one i couldn't get it for a right price or i got sold under my nose again.

Yesterday i lost another auction on this set so i decided to start Bricklinking it. I wan't to see how much its gonna cost me to collect all the part. At first i'm going to try to keep it to Dutch stores only and i'm already 2.000+ bricks in.

The reason i decided to start this topic is that perhaps you guys like to follow the process, i will keep updating this topic till this set is standing at my desk! (I'm going to try at least :P)

Tell me if you guys like the idea, if it is worth updating on haha.

Currently working on sorting the parts using Brickstore. Collecting Bricklink Carts in seperate files.

VvR8hfy.png

Edited by hendrikdejager
  • Like 3

I say go for it.  I bricklinked the Eiffel Tower 10181 last year and my final price was around $430 dollars including shipping costs (no instruction manuals).  Granted it took my 9 months to find just the right deals and sellers - but I think it was worth it.  Good luck, and keep us posted on your final tally - this was another set I always thought would be fun and worth to bricklink over just buying used.

Edited by srm_520

Ambitious goal! Best of luck to you, will definitely be quite the project, but will be worth it in the end. If you don`t mind, I`m sure at least a few members (and myself) would be interested to know the final cost/approximate cost of such a project. So many pieces, hope you have the patience!

The sticker is out of reach unless i buy a $10 fake one on Ebay, not sure a future buyer* will notice it.

*Will try to sell it when i'm bored of it.

For Karma's sake, I would fully disclose that the set is bricklinked and has a custom/non-original sticker if you choose to sell.  Always pays to be honest.

• Like 1

I bricklinked this set, it took me 6 months to complete it 100% original but no instructions. The most expensive part was the sticker and need it for the overall look ,but a few of the other expensive parts are hidden so if your not fussy you can substitute them for cheaper parts.

I replaced the (4x) Red Technic, Brick 5 x 5 Right Angle with Black ones. The Red ones are ~

great set to bricklink.  hope you are able to get the display sticker and manual.

The Lego Starwars 10143 Death Star II is an iconic Lego set that most of us know. I have been on the lookout for this for quite awhile and whenever i saw one i couldn't get it for a right price or i got sold under my nose again.

Yesterday i lost another auction on this set so i decided to start Bricklinking it. I wan't to see how much its gonna cost me to collect all the part. At first i'm going to try to keep it to Dutch stores only and i'm already 2.000+ bricks in.

The reason i decided to start this topic is that perhaps you guys like to follow the process, i will keep updating this topic till this set is standing at my desk! (I'm going to try at least :P)

Tell me if you guys like the idea, if it is worth updating on haha.

Currently working on sorting the parts using Brickstore. Collecting Bricklink Carts in seperate files.