List of set reviews - new resource topics for the site

Hello everyone. As you know there have been a ton of sets released throughout the years with just as many if not more reviews on each of them floating out there across the World Wide Web and keeping track is a difficult task to say the least. Therefore after much contemplation, I have started the first of what will soon be many of threads solely created as a resource to gather all these individual articles together into dedicated spots giving everybody quick & easy access to all of it.

Please note these topics are locked strictly for the reason they are only meant to be a stockpile of quick links and not for open discussion. This is so nothing could potentially end up becoming lost somewhere in the thread and allows me to keep adding more links & even specific sections each year as time goes on.

On that note, this thread right here is open for all to give constructive feedback, leave comments, or links to any set reviews I missed so that I may add them to the appropriate lists. I will also place links to the set review topics started and post any significant updates here. Thank you all and hopefully this is helpful.

List of set review topics:

Contributors:
  • comicblast
    • Architecture
    • list of sources
  • MartinP
    • The Lego Movie
Sources:If you would like to help contribute to this set review list resource thread project then please send me a private message or leave a reply here. Thank you.
  • Like 1

Fantastic idea.

Merci. :thankyou:

What took you so long?

Searching, searching, and....more searching. :P Well the idea spawned off from all the set reviews I posted individually before then after a while it started to become confusing as to what I had already posted here so the idea of just having a single resource thread pinned under each category seemed like a better concentrated idea to go with.

I wonder what other areas this concept could be applied to.

I started with the Cuusoo/Idea area since it was small and an easy place to begin with. I'll eventually go through the other themes working my way backwards and go from there.

Great idea, TOK! Do you need any help from other members to research for other reviews?

Thank you, and yes it would help immensely if any review found was posted here since I could then add it to any current or future list. It may be easier to start from this year and work backwards. That's what I am doing at the moment with Creator.

Things are slowly progressing but still progressing all the same. Nevertheless the longer I ponder about it, the more I realize I could use some help especially when it comes time to cover say Star Wars or City.

If you take a gander at the main post, you will see I added a "contributors" section. Comicblast has already offered to lend me a helping hand the other day. In fact he gave me the inspiration to ask. Anybody willing to help out, the assistance would be greatly appreciated. If I can get four more members at the very least onto the team, things should move at a fairly brisk pace and these set review resource topics shall be covered in no time. Of course "the more the merrier" as the phrase goes so please feel free to help in any way even if you don't wish to join the group.

If you would like to help contribute to this set review list resource thread project then please send me a private message or leave a reply here. The more members who contribute mean the less work each one of us has to do and the quicker each topic can be completed. Thank you.

• Like 1

A couple of addendums to the project.

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has a set review thread now. The Comic-Con exclusive minifigures from 2012 up to last year's sets are all there. I just need to go through this year's offerings from the movie to the cartoon related ones.
  • MartinP has volunteered to lend a helping hand. ^_^ There still is plenty of room left for more contributors.

I added the second part for the TMNT set reviews which covers everything from this year including the Flashback Shredder promo polybag to the movie sets. It took longer than I wanted but there you go. Anyway just to give a sneak peak of what's next; you can look at the main post for a small glimpse. The Architecture one will be going up soon thanks to comicblast's impressive effort. Talk about knocking the ball out of the park. Haha.