TRU (Canada) 20% off (and Amazon match)

fatboycarney

I'm actually giving the only one of these I have right now to my son for his birthday as he's really gotten into the Spider-man cartoon lately. This is the only Spidey set he hasn't got yet.

I'm hoping I'll see some of these on sale at Real Canadian sometime. When they clear things, it's often at 50% off, and sometimes with a bonus at the cash register. Last week I bought 4 Dol Goldur ambushes that were advertised as 50% off but they came up another 15% off on the scanner. 

I'm actually giving the only one of these I have right now to my son for his birthday as he's really gotten into the Spider-man cartoon lately. This is the only Spidey set he hasn't got yet.

I'm hoping I'll see some of these on sale at Real Canadian sometime. When they clear things, it's often at 50% off, and sometimes with a bonus at the cash register. Last week I bought 4 Dol Goldur ambushes that were advertised as 50% off but they came up another 15% off on the scanner.

RCS has mandalorian speeders on 50% at my local. I didn't pull the trigger but I may have to go back.

My RCS store is so out of the way in an area of town I am never in. I guess I should go check it out. Do your stores have a good stock of Lego or just randomized sets across themes?

The closest one is about 12km away and the selection is horrid. ATM it's 80% ninjago which I have no interest in and usually the sets are no more than a $40 set. With that said, they are clearing out land 1 block away from me and a real Canadian is getting dropped in within the year.

My RCS store is so out of the way in an area of town I am never in. I guess I should go check it out. Do your stores have a good stock of Lego or just randomized sets across themes? 

There are 5 RCS stores I hit in the GTA and some are better than others by far. While the better ones do have a good variety of themes (Star Wars, City, LOTR, Super-heroes, Ninjago, Chima, Friends) they almost never have any sets higher than $80 MSRP. But that's okay because my best deals have always come from RCS and I'm easily able to sell any set at least at MSRP, which is a 100% return based on the clearance prices I pay. My best ever deal was the other month when one store had 7 Wolverine Choppers suddenly and they were on clearance for $11 (and I paid only $7 due to other discounts) at a time when they were (and still are) fetching $70 US on ebay!!!

• Like 1

You guys gotta let the rest of us know when RCSS is blowing stuff out more often! Now I must make the rounds as I have not walked into a RCSS since around January... :whistle:

Even though RCS has had some of the best deals we get in Canada on LEGO, I only come across them at my convenience. Because of a poor selection I don't go out of my way to check out their stock. With that said, I'm getting an RCS and a target built a block away so I'll be on top of things when that happens and I'll definitely post here for us Canucks!

Even though RCS has had some of the best deals we get in Canada on LEGO, I only come across them at my convenience. Because of a poor selection I don't go out of my way to check out their stock. With that said, I'm getting an RCS and a target built a block away so I'll be on top of things when that happens and I'll definitely post here for us Canucks!

I hear you. I never normally shop at RCSS so I fail to check the LEGO selection on a regular basis even though I tend to drive by one a few times a week.

Also they are BUILDING a Target near you?? I'm surprised because Target is hanging by a thread in Canada as it is...

I hear you. I never normally shop at RCSS so I fail to check the LEGO selection on a regular basis even though I tend to drive by one a few times a week.

Also they are BUILDING a Target near you?? I'm surprised because Target is hanging by a thread in Canada as it is...

I was surprised too. I was heading out to the dentist today and I was on the hunt for the new star destroyer (with the skookum sale they have on it right now, there was none to be found. At TrU neither) so I did a target store locator search, lo and behold, there was an address for a target a block away even though it's an empty lot. Booo yaaa! I'll be making millions now! I'll have a Walmart, RCS, and target a block away from me all within a block of each other. B)

I was surprised too. I was heading out to the dentist today and I was on the hunt for the new star destroyer (with the skookum sale they have on it right now, there was none to be found. At TrU neither) so I did a target store locator search, lo and behold, there was an address for a target a block away even though it's an empty lot. Booo yaaa! I'll be making millions now! I'll have a Walmart, RCS, and target a block away from me all within a block of each other. B)

Still amazed myself at how many Targets are still being put up given their troubles. Don't get me wrong as i have said in previous threads i love Target and want it to stick around.

Hell i have 4 all within similar distance to each other that i can check within an hour and grab any of their deals. Walmart's in my area are vastly spread out, and the closest really isn't all that close to me. Walmart's clearances haven't been all that great recently anyways (aside from a few sets).

There's even another going up nearby that's not opened yet!  :heat:

Never had much luck finding anything worth while at RCSS.

I was surprised not to see this but you all are likely aware of this sale since in Canada a 20% off is all we seem to get out of TRU. 

Wanted to get everyone's thoughts on Daily Bugle 76005. Seems this thing is disappearing and I have none. Do you think 20% might be the best discount on this one?

Maybe it's because i'm not a Spider-man fan, but even if it means missing an opportunity on this set, i'd probably not bite at %20.

Lots of other winners that can be had at a better discount IMO. 

Maybe it's because i'm not a Spider-man fan, but even if it means missing an opportunity on this set, i'd probably not bite at %20.

Lots of other winners that can be had at a better discount IMO. 

I haven't had much luck in my area on Super Hero sets lower than 20 percent. LOTR, City, Monster Fighters etc 

RCS has mandalorian speeders on 50% at my local. I didn't pull the trigger but I may have to go back.

The Mandalorian speeders were $19.44 so 'only' 33% off from what I saw. Bought a ton of Dol Guldur 79011 at $12.44 though. Superman 76002 was the only other set at 50% that I spotted.