Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, if anyone was observing last year... what was the approximate percentage of sellers that did not make it into Holiday Season selling on Amazon? I.e., say, given some lego sets that were in production vs retired sets - was a drop in number of sellers past Nov 18 significant?

Just a guess, but I think its around 30%. Prices jump up significantly past Nov 18, both from increased demand and a reduced number of sellers

Questions for the Amazon 3PS:

Say you were selling 79015 on Amzn under what you thought was the correct listing. Amazon put the wrong title on the listing (say 79017 instead). Customers ordered the set from your Amzn store and complained when they got 79015.

If they opened the AtoZ claim, would you still get dinged ? Also, would you still need to eat the cost of return even though this was Amzn's fault ?

Edited by Darth_Raichu

Is anyone else counting down to 11/18? I can't wait to see the number of sellers decrease on Amazon. Makes way for reseller scum like me!

Personally, I don't think that the drop off in sellers after 11/18 makes much difference because that group will not include any of the folks who you'll really be competing with for sales (at least for most items).  Prices won't rise until the larger resellers who are currently competing for sales finish selling through their current inventory.  This is one reason that reselling on Amazon in particular is becoming more and more difficult...each year, the larger resellers are working with an ever growing base of capital that is used to buy sets in ever larger quantities.  Unless you're willing to undercut their prices, you have to sit patiently until all of that inventory is sold before you can start selling off your inventory.     

• Like 2

Personally, I don't think that the drop off in sellers after 11/18 makes much difference because that group will not include any of the folks who you'll really be competing with for sales (at least for most items). Prices won't rise until the larger resellers who are currently competing for sales finish selling through their current inventory. This is one reason that reselling on Amazon in particular is becoming more and more difficult...each year, the larger resellers are working with an ever growing base of capital that is used to buy sets in ever larger quantities. Unless you're willing to undercut their prices, you have to sit patiently until all of that inventory is sold before you can start selling off your inventory.

Pacific nailed it. There are sellers with insane quantities of 6866 Wolverine, 9448 samurai mech, and 6864 two face just to name 3 sets.

• 2 weeks later...

They did that to me as well.  There are a bunch of criteria that you have to meet in order to sell during the holidays.  I didn't have the required amount of sales in a certain time frame.  You can find all of this and what you've personally failed to do in your seller account.  Bunch of BS in my opinion.