Action Comics #1 Superman's Debut

chinothegeeko

I wonder how many of the bidders are investors fully uninterested in the comic.

I bit of both. There many well healed types that are legit comic book collectors and this is the holy grail of comics to be had. Nic Cage at one time had time best comic collection ever assembled by one owner.

A very high class bookseller of my acquaintance sends things like this by an insured courier service that literally has the merchandise in an insured and bonded employee of the company's possession from seller to buyer.

Thatz what I was thinking. There's no way in he'll you could trust this through a third party shipping company unless something you described. If I was the seller I would want to delivery this in person.

i have foreseen the delivery of this comic.

Screen-Shot-2014-02-26-at-10.39.jpg

If I were the buyer I'd want to pick this up in person.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

Thatz what I was thinking. There's no way in he'll you could trust this through a third party shipping company unless something you described. If I was the seller I would want to delivery this in person.

You can insure anything, if one of a kind pieces of fine art and antique furniture can be insured then one of THE most important comic books in history can be insured.

• Like 2

2.6m to 2.7m w/ 30 seconds left

A $500,000 bump in the last 5 seconds.

$3,207,852

that was entertaining just watching the last 2 minutes. I wonder how many people were watching the last few minutes

haha wow thats pretty bad. listed in comics section but really just asking for charity. too many things wrong with that "auction" to even list. reminds me of the old scam where you're not selling a computer, you're selling a picture of a computer

annnndd someone just bought it, now to see if he lists another one

annnndd someone just bought it, now to see if he lists another one

There is another one, that is up for bidding.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Action-Comics-1-Jun-1938-DC-Supermans-Debut-CGC-9-0-CHARITY/261573700732?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140602152332%26meid%3D81550697aa5449c2a295894dff788eb6%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D20140602152332%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D261573752792

I can't believe it has 24 bidders. The last 4 after the $23 bid are his fake accounts I guess because of the 0 feedback.

According to the eBay fee calculator, the final value fee on 3.2 million in the collectibles/comic book category is $250. I don't know if that's accurate - I know they used to have a cap no matter how much an item sells for, but that class of item is out of my wheelhouse. ;)

http://www.fees.ebay.com/feeweb/feecalculator

Regardless, all auction houses charge fees. To say eBay doesn't "deserve" their fees is silly. They provided the venue and the traffic, and this very experienced seller chose them to feature his valuable item.

It's like saying the grocery store doesn't deserve my money just because I don't like the price of artichokes that week.

According to the eBay fee calculator, the final value fee on 3.2 million in the collectibles/comic book category is $250. I don't know if that's accurate - I know they used to have a cap no matter how much an item sells for, but that class of item is out of my wheelhouse. ;)

http://www.fees.ebay.com/feeweb/feecalculator

Regardless, all auction houses charge fees. To say eBay doesn't "deserve" their fees is silly. They provided the venue and the traffic, and this very experienced seller chose them to feature his valuable item.

It's like saying the grocery store doesn't deserve my money just because I don't like the price of artichokes that week.

Looks like you are right. Basically when you run an ebay auction you expect to pay about 10% of the sale price on fees but there is a cap of $250. This seller also had a reserve which has a fee cap of $50 so maybe this seller only paid around $300 on fees. Which is a killer deal for auctioning this type of item.

Looks like you are right. Basically when you run an ebay auction you expect to pay about 10% of the sale price on fees but there is a cap of $250. This seller also had a reserve which has a fee cap of $50 so maybe this seller only paid around $300 on fees. Which is a killer deal for auctioning this type of item.

Yeah, most high end auction houses take a straight cut % of the sale price.  So selling on Ebay was pretty smart.