Exosuit sighted in Toronto....and are gone. ;)

jeff_14

So I just found 8 of the sets at Dufferin Mall TRU and bought them all. I asked and they said they did not have any more, but maybe this is a sign that some will be appearing elsewhere in the GTA.

I fell pretty lucky finding these. Hopefully the winning streak continues at my poker game tonight. 

Just a heads up. TRU is having 10x airmiles event tomorrow and Sunday. However, there's not much to get unless your store still has exos and RIs. I would try to wait until Saturday to get the airmiles... Almost works out to the same as VIP points that way in terms of returns.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Looks like this set may be done as it's been puled from a lot of Lego websites around the world.

I did see it listed on the Mastermind site, but it's a limit of 1 which isn't enough for free shipping.

Now OOS on mastermind.ca, just when i was debating picking up a Uni-Kitty LED keychain for the gf to break the free shipping point :(

I did check 2 local B&M Masterminds for suits or RI's, nothing. Thought i might get lucky considering they did carry Rovers before.

I saw 9 exosuits at the Toys r us in Ottawa, Ontario. I grabbed one probably should have grabbed more. Went back the next day and they were all gone. :(

He who hesitates is lost.  ;)  What did Gretzky say - You miss all the shots you don't take. When craziness like this happens with a set and there's more rumour than fact about if there will be more, you have to clear them out at first opportunity. Even if you're proven wrong within 30-45 days you can still return them cost free.

• Like 1

My best and most regular profits have come from going large in circumstances like this. This year, 90% of what I've sold have been Wolverine Choppers and 41999 4x4 Crawlers that I bought in short order and in big quantities. I found 7 Wolverine Choppers on super sale months after EOL and took them all without hesitation and flipped them for almost 1000% profit immediately. The 41999s I got when they were emptying out during 3x VIP Points last October (and managed to score multiples of those holiday sets they were giving away with $75 purchases to boot) and sold them for over $100 profit per set. I still have multiple sets of various Star Wars, superheroes and Lord of the Rings I got for 50% off from Target and Walmart clearances that should do me well come Christmas. It seems to me that the most reliable way to profit from Lego is through 3 methods (1) getting widely available sets on massive discount, (2) getting LEGO store/website exclusive sets at or below MSRP, and (3) getting short production run sets as fast as possible. This set is situation 3, but in any of those 3 cases, get as many as you can afford. In some cases borrowing is even justifiable if you have ample credit at a good rate. Take the Wolverine set. At worst you would pay 20% annually in credit card interest to buy those sets. A 1000% profit more than justifies this, but especially if you sell them well within a year, in which case you might pay a few bucks in interest for a month or two and then be all to the black big time the next.