mobile website or app?

daleb50

any thoughts about a mobile website and or app for brick picker?

Yes it is definitely something that will come to life. Right now its just a matter of development time. I do all the work myself. The cost to have someone develop the app I want to develop to cut down on the amount of time to bring to the market is a large amount of money. It will happen. I am hoping sooner than later.

Guest idunno101

For me it's a pretty easy site to navigate on my ipod touch but a mobile site/app would be a good addition for a great and informative site. I hope you have good luck making a mobile version that's as great as the online version.

The app that I have been designing will truly be an app, not just a redesigned website that works better for mobile devices. It will use the features of the phone/tablet to do specific tasks. Charts, graphs, setup will made for it. A lot of the work I did behind the scenes of this last update was to make for easier data retrieval and things like that. I am looking forward to the job. I am just waiting for Ed to say he will support me financially so I can quit my job and work on it all day :)

I was actually just thinking about a Brickpicker app yesterday. I came across a couple of LEGO items that were being put back on the shelf after someone had returned them to Target. I thought...wouldnt it be great if I could just open an app and type in the set number and get all the relevant data I need right on the spot? I'm sure whatever you guys come up with will exceed all expectations though. You fellas (Ed and Jeff) do good work. :)

On my Android phone I use an app called RedLaser to scan the barcode. RedLaser then comes up with prices from multiple vendors such as Amazon and ebay. You can then click on any vendor to go into more detail on that vendor's price and product. I mention this because it would be really great if Brickpicker could be one of the listed vendors and then I could just click on Brickpicker to get info. I already posted a question to RedLaser asking if I could control the vendor list that comes up when scanning barcodes and if I could add a site like Brickpicker to the list. This isn't the same as a Brickpicker app, but it would be helpful in the meantime if it is possible.

Apple??? Really Aaron??? We are sooooo not friends anymore until you get a real phone (an android phone) ;)

Did I say iPhone? I meant...err...Windows Phone. Yes, that's it. Windows Phone! I love Windows 8! It is the greatest invention since sliced bread! Bill Gates is my personal hero! Go Windows! Yay! :)

Dang I'm losing friends by the handful today lol!!

Haha don't worry, I'm sure you'll be friends with me when I'm trying to buy an IS from you at double the msrp LOL. All jokes aside, it looks like Amazon is getting pretty low on IS's. I want to pull the trigger on one but everyone says the box of the IS is extremely prone to damage via shipping. Did you buy your IS from the store or was it shipped?? This post sooooo doesn't belong under this thread haha

I bought mine from TRU for around 200......had to send it back 4 times before I got a good one. That experience led to my boycotting of that place. When I checked yesterday amazon only had 256 left, less now im sure.

Yeah I'm not sure I would want that headache, especially 4 different times! But then again for only 200 bucks that's a heck of a deal for that set. I may have to pass on the IS. I love the set, but a damaged box is the last thing I want to deal with.