My Vintage Lego Haul

I recently had the same situation. My dad is selling the house so I had to get the legos out or he'd be giving them away. My old sets are all futuron, blacktron, pirates and a few castle.

In my memory I'd had the foresight to organize them when putting them away, but in reality all I did was disassemble each set enough to get it in its box and threw extra bits and everything else into my monorail and black seas barracuda boxes since they were the biggest. When I first surveyed what I'd brought home I felt overwhelmed and just put them all aside, but over the past week I've been inventorying and now have everything sorted out. Now I'm just trying to find the last few pieces to each set out of my box of leftover pieces and I'm preparing a small list to bricklink.

I have a new found respect for those who buy bulk lots and then sort them. It's a lot of work, and that's with knowing all of the sets I have. I can't imagine doing it when you have to guess at what is there.

• Like 1

good parents

They have been asking me to get them out of there for years, I decided that it was time :)

Boxes in tubs (tick), boxes on top of tubs (tick)

That poor western box....

Yea, that one is intact, just a little crushed :)

It's like a time capsule from your childhood. Was that cat packed away with them too?

Haha, that is actually a small dog.  He was not packed away :)

I recently had the same situation. My dad is selling the house so I had to get the legos out or he'd be giving them away. My old sets are all futuron, blacktron, pirates and a few castle.

In my memory I'd had the foresight to organize them when putting them away, but in reality all I did was disassemble each set enough to get it in its box and threw extra bits and everything else into my monorail and black seas barracuda boxes since they were the biggest. When I first surveyed what I'd brought home I felt overwhelmed and just put them all aside, but over the past week I've been inventorying and now have everything sorted out. Now I'm just trying to find the last few pieces to each set out of my box of leftover pieces and I'm preparing a small list to bricklink.

I have a new found respect for those who buy bulk lots and then sort them. It's a lot of work, and that's with knowing all of the sets I have. I can't imagine doing it when you have to guess at what is there.

I'm excited to dig in to them later this week.  I have been seeing a lot of posts on Instagram of old sets, sets I forgot I had until some one else posted them.

Looks like a good variety of things there, congrats! It`s always great to look at vintage Lego, even thinking about it brings nostalgia to the mind. 

Thanks! It should be fun. 

Ah, memories.  My dad had practically every space and pirates set there was from the late 70's > 80's.  All mish-moshed in plastic bins, but do have a few neat ones still with boxes.  Nice pics! 

Thank you! 

Very cool!! I remember that Police Station. I loved all the city stuff when I was a kid.........still do.

The City stuff was always my favorite. If I remember correctly most of the sets here are city related. 

Oh man trip down memory lane...very nice. Someday I hope to get back home and do the same thing. Also need to get all my old video game systems too.

all that and organized too....soo jelly :)

I have all of my game systems in my storage closet :)

I think all that is left at their house is some old Tonka trucks, but those are my dads from the 60s. 

Good score!

I'm still bitter that my mum gave away all my childhood Lego to some kid down the street after I went off to university.  

My parents always knew that I wanted to pass these down once I had a kid.  Luckily they were out of their way, so it didn't bother them.

I've just returned home from helping my parents move and came back with my childhood Lego collection. Alas, no boxes and most of the instructions are either trashed or gone, but I'm looking forward to sorting it all this weekend.

I am looking forward to sorting and rebuilding.  This will save me some money when I have the urge to build.  I won't have to go buy a new set every time :)

Here is what I got when I entered all of the known sets into My Brickfolio.  I know there are still some in the containers that I will need to piece together.  Not bad so far.  Pics coming soon.

Set # - Set Name - Year - Pieces - Theme

6336-1 Launch Response Unit 1995 185 Town

8810-1 Cafe Racer 1991 80 Technic

6596-1 Wave Master 1995 134 Town

6597-1 Century Skyway 1994 894 Town

6541-1 Intercoastal Seaport 1991 545 Town

6769-1 Fort Legoredo 1996 687 Western

6765-1 Gold City Junction 1996 350 Western

6761-1 Bandit's Secret Hide-Out 1996 250 Western

6755-1 Sheriff's Lock-Up 1996 176 Western

6335-1 Indy Transport 1996 397 Town

4021-1 Police Patrol 1991 195 Boats