Need advice about dishonest ebay buyers

Sorry to hear about your troubles. This is the fear of every Lego seller. Any buyer can claim that a set has been opened or is missing pieces. 99% of ebay buyers are honest and you had the misfortune of getting a dishonest one or the box was tampered with before you bought it. I always look at seals closely and weigh any set if the seals look fishy at all. Your only choice is to work the system as previously discussed. See how committed they are to getting their money back. Make them jump through every hoop. Maybe they will grow tired and go away. Thanks for naming names. I blocked that user. 

Scammers will target low priced items more often because its easier for the seller to let go. Seller gets in a situation that its not worth the trouble or time and just refund. I gave alot of stuff away like that.. but from now on ill just have buyer ship item back after opening a case so it gets documented atleast. That way scammer might not follow through to avoid the track record for cheap stuff

on top of weighing and inspecting the seals has anyone ever considered/used a fiber optic camera to inspect the contents without breaking the tape seals? seems like it could work. what do you think?

http://www.target.com/p/promotional-gift-card-40/-/A-14713524#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=40+gift+card?clkid=xpuwx3WnO2kc0lTTDFUMJWnrUkQ1Nn2geTjSWo0&lnm=Online+Tracking+Link&afid=Skimbit+Ltd.&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002

Mission Impossible! Booyah!!!!!! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAYhNHhxN0A

• Like 1

cmon already what the heck is taking so long.

there would be a huge supportive response.

Just waiting on a few subcontractors to finish a few mods. These people don't have the same sense of priority as Jeff does. As Jeff explained to me yesterday after he showed me the new Daily Deals, people haven't seen many changes going on...but when they come...there will be a bunch in a short time. I know everyone has been patient, but it takes time.

Look at Bricklink for instance. They have 20 or so full time people working on the new site and it might not be ready for more than a year. Jeff is one man, plus a couple of people we can hire to help with small tasks. The Brick Classifieds has taken on several forms and codes over the past year or so, but we are almost there and ready to let some people play around. When you are dealing with money and transactions, all the Is have to be dotted and the Ts crossed before you launch it. We don't want to put out a poor product

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

• Like 2

Mission Impossible! Booyah!!!!!!

thats all fun and dandy, but on the serious note i might purchase and see how it does. one should be able to take pictures of the contents with it without breaking the seals, especially important with the b&m sets that look "good" but may have been tampered with. one could see if there are pieces loose inside, if manuals are there, etc... and you have proof of the contents in case someone tries to scam you. they are not cost prohibitive any more and even available at hardware stores.

one could see if there are pieces loose inside, if manuals are there, etc... and you have proof of the contents in case someone tries to scam you. 

You don't though. It's one way to verify for yourself that you have sent a non-tampered set, but a film of you inspecting the contents of a set doesn't prove a thing -- you could easily scan one "good" set, then sell a dozen that you've removed key pieces of, or even strip out parts from that very same scanned and filmed set after the tape stops rolling.

In the event a buyer does try to scam you after you have verified the contents for your own peace of mind, you're still dealing with he-said/she-said.

You don't though. It's one way to verify for yourself that you have sent a non-tampered set, but a film of you inspecting the contents of a set doesn't prove a thing -- you could easily scan one "good" set, then sell a dozen that you've removed key pieces of, or even strip out parts from that very same scanned and filmed set after the tape stops rolling.

In the event a buyer does try to scam you after you have verified the contents for your own peace of mind, you're still dealing with he-said/she-said.

at least you know your stock is 100% accurate and they are really trying to scam you. if you have pictures your he-said/she-said all of the sudden has substance to back it up. useful especially for those pesky B&M purchases. i found this one that looks interesting, going to give it a run:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0091DJY8Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

at least you know your stock is 100% accurate and they are really trying to scam you. if you have pictures your he-said/she-said all of the sudden has substance to back it up. useful especially for those pesky B&M purchases. i found this one that looks interesting, going to give it a run:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0091DJY8Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wouldn't it be cheaper and more accurate to just open the box and inspect the contents. 

at least you know your stock is 100% accurate and they are really trying to scam you. 

Absolutely valid - If and when Mr. Frog and I decide to re-take the plunge back into investing in a year or three, we're going to have to do something about checking sets as we buy them, too - I am not of the sort of temperament that can accept wondering if I've bought a pig in a poke that I won't find out about for two or three years. :P

Wouldn't it be cheaper and more accurate to just open the box and inspect the contents. 

it would be, however there have been cases (documented on BP) where ebay treats unsealed boxes as "used" and if listed as new you are opening yourself up for yet another "not as described" case. The prices also vary widely by regions/continents regarding sealed/unsealed new sets, hence the snake cam idea. granted it probably will only work for the sets with clear plastic tape seals, not breakthrough/tear type like some smaller sets. it would be nice if lego would make a part of each set transparent like they did back in the day with the technic's

it would be, however there have been cases (documented on BP) where ebay treats unsealed boxes as "used" and if listed as new you are opening yourself up for yet another "not as described" case. The prices also vary widely by regions/continents regarding sealed/unsealed new sets, hence the snake cam idea. granted it probably will only work for the sets with clear plastic tape seals, not breakthrough/tear type like some smaller sets. it would be nice if lego would make a part of each set transparent like they did back in the day with the technic's

Good point.  I guess "technically" you shouldn't list the set as being brand new.