Hello from Far East...

Hello all, After reading an interesting article from the USA today regarding the Lego's investment, it seems interesting for me to check out this website and also to look at the Lego itself. Personally, I never thought the small plastic pieces would be a good investment compare to stock and bond or commodity. Looking through this website, there are lot of useful information but could be overwhelm for the newcomer (like me). Also reading comment from various new members, there are many opportunists who think by buying Lego they can get rich quickly. For my principle, I have Lego brick as a child but never really thought that would be a good investment things, just a play toy. Can I just buy any set that I really like, keep it new for like 2-3 years and see if those set will actually be sold in open market at a higher price? Do I have to buy the one that is almost run out of the production for a better investment? Should I keep it as new and never play them for a better price? Some of these Lego brick are really interesting to play with, 55. And least of all, this website is awesome and lot of useful information about this Lego thing. If it's not for the USA Today section, I probably would not have known this website. Thank you guys and nice to meet you all.

Hello all,

After reading an interesting article from the USA today regarding the Lego's investment, it seems interesting for me to check out this website and also to look at the Lego itself. Personally, I never thought the small plastic pieces would be a good investment compare to stock and bond or commodity. Looking through this website, there are lot of useful information but could be overwhelm for the newcomer (like me).

Also reading comment from various new members, there are many opportunists who think by buying Lego they can get rich quickly.

For my principle, I have Lego brick as a child but never really thought that would be a good investment things, just a play toy.

Can I just buy any set that I really like, keep it new for like 2-3 years and see if those set will actually be sold in open market at a higher price? You have to pick the right sets. Not all go up in value.

Do I have to buy the one that is almost run out of the production for a better investment? Yes, that is a good idea.

Should I keep it as new and never play them for a better price? Some of these Lego brick are really interesting to play with, 55. Keeping sets MINT IN SEALED BOX is best way to keep value high, but you can also build a set and resell later if the set is maintained properly.

And least of all, this website is awesome and lot of useful information about this Lego thing. If it's not for the USA Today section, I probably would not have known this website.

Thank you guys and nice to meet you all.

Welcome to the site.

For my principle, I have Lego brick as a child but never really thought that would be a good investment things, just a play toy.

I'll admit that before I found this site I never would have ever thought of LEGO as an investment by any stretch of the imagination. GI Joe, yes. Barbie, yes. Hot Wheels, always. But LEGO? Who'd a thunk? I don't invest personally for the sake of resale (I'm a collector all the way), but I can see and understand the veritable possiblities of the little brick in the after market area.

And welcome to the site, friend.