387 members have voted

1. 1. ignore.

• ignore
    • Ignore
  2. 2. Have you built 76023 The Tumbler?

• Yes
    • No

NMM you should play the lotto  :cheese:

Weight seems right. Tumbler itself is a bit below 8 lb and with packing in the 9+ range. 

Yesterday, got and email from LEGO about the darn bike finally going away, tried to make a joke, but everybody was too busy with Boscovs to care. 

Edited by MathBuilder

NMM you should play the lotto  :cheese:

Weight seems right. Tumbler itself is a bit below 8 lb and with packing in the 9+ range. 

Yesterday, got and email from LEGO about the darn bike finally going away, tried to make a joke, but everybody was too busy with Boscovs to care. 

I would rater prefer if my luck was allocated toward my cancelled Haunted Houses....

I would rater prefer if my luck was allocated toward my cancelled Haunted Houses....

i have a feeling that the HH is going to be back and your wishes will be filled.

it seems like they are cancelling orders to just keep supplying "the chima fire bike" looks like no one wanted to buy it and hence they are giving it for free... just like the speederoz set with Bwing and hoth hans...

Stocked up on these again and seems to be a solid $300 sale at the moment.  Sold both of my damaged box ones for $300 with 24 hours.  Put up a perfect box one and no bites at $320 so seems true value is still right around $300-310.  I just like to figure out what true going rate is.   Also shows no one cares about the box when buying these to build.  The store allotments were way up from previous weeks with small stores going from 4-8 the first weeks and now getting 10-16 per week and larger stores that were getting 10-16 seem to be getting close to 18-24,  some a little more.  

The way you can tell if Lego is lying is if their lips are moving. Seriously. Why would anyone believe anything they say? I mean they said it would not be available online for the remainder of 2014 and that lasted about a day before they were available online again. I believe Lego is relly trying to play games and screw over resellers this year. I totally expect them to be back in stock all over just in time to ruin everyone's flip dreams. That's why I only bought one and only because I got it for over half off. So even if I just sell it at mrsp i still win. Which is what I totally expect to be doing this xmas. I don't believe for a second that Lego's brand new UCS set is not going to be available for xmas in it's first year. This is all my opinion of course, but it was also my opinion that RI and GE would be back.

I don't think TLG is 'lying' or 'playing games'. They have a vision. They want to make as much money possible whilst keeping a positive profile. If brickpickers want 100.000 GE's, we'll build another batch. It's a game, but it's the same game we play I think. Nothing special about it.

Local CL seller has one for sale at $275. I don't have one, but I'm patient enough to wait until they're back in stock. $275 doesn't seem cheap enough to resell. What do you guys think? 

No they are only selling for $300 at the moment. I would wait.  If you can get at the $200 retail then yes its a no brainer as you can either flip now or hold for holidays and probably get a little more

IMO these will be widely available before xmas. So to me the choices are 1. sell in the next week or so, 2. build it, 3. hold it for 4 years to sell after EOL. I could be completely wrong, but I just don't think it is going to be as scarce as everyone thinks. They have to be cranking out thousands of these right now as we speak. Again this is all opinion. I don't believe Lego for a second when they say it won't be available online again this year.

So do you guys not see long term investments in the tumblers? I have two boxes and was going to pick up a third on double points if possible. But I was thinking on holding onto them not flipping them straight away?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Brickpicker mobile app

Sure. But it just came out a few weeks ago. So you probably got a good 2-4 years of life left and then another 1-2 years after that to see real good growth. So you may have it in your closet for a while if that is ok with you. But it will absolutely be a good investment at some point.

IMO these will be widely available before xmas. So to me the choices are 1. sell in the next week or so, 2. build it, 3. hold it for 4 years to sell after EOL. I could be completely wrong, but I just don't think it is going to be as scarce as everyone thinks. They have to be cranking out thousands of these right now as we speak. Again this is all opinion. I don't believe Lego for a second when they say it won't be available online again this year.

I actually agree with this. Based on the Minecraft fiasco of 2012, I think they have learned to just under promise and over deliver.

• Like 1

SJ, CA store had 4 Tumblers in stock this morning.

Got there 5min before opening and there were four guys already in line.

By the time store opened there were eight guys in line.

Turns out half the people were there for the Series 12 CMF.

I got my tumbler w/ the promo and 2x VIP.

Last guy in line missed out.  Clerk said don't worry, they'll get lots more in.

Thinking this won't be as limited as everyone thinks.

• Like 1

SJ, CA store had 4 Tumblers in stock this morning.

Got there 5min before opening and there were four guys already in line.

By the time store opened there were eight guys in line.

Turns out half the people were there for the Series 12 CMF.

I got my tumbler w/ the promo and 2x VIP.

Last guy in line missed out.  Clerk said don't worry, they'll get lots more in.

Thinking this won't be as limited as everyone thinks.

Agreed. Everyone with dreams of $400 + flips this holiday are probably going to be very disappointed.