Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

Not sure if it's a site glitch or what, some 'User's Awards' tags seem to get messed up.

First I saw my original ones gone and I became a dude, and then all of those disappeared. Saw exciter1's all gone too. And it happens both on IE and Chrome.

So it doesn't look like this for you on the side?

bp_1424120565__2015-02-16_16-01-56.jpeg

So it doesn't look like this for you on the side?

bp_1424120565__2015-02-16_16-01-56.jpeg

Nope. I think I have 1000, sale, and help or something.

First they are all gone and the guy showed up.

And then there were none.

And now I just did a new post, they are back to normal.

I shouldn't have the postman and the dude like the one in your screenshot though, Jeff.

Just an idea:

Maybe it would be cool to display a shortcut to the "popular posts" because obviously it would be too bad to miss these posts.

If this shortcut already exists, sorry, I wasn't able to find it... :ph34r:

I think that there is a shortcut to it already. Here is a link if you want it. If you are using a computer, there should be a link at the bottom at the website called "Most Liked Content" or something like that.

I think that there is a shortcut to it already. Here is a link if you want it. If you are using a computer, there should be a link at the bottom at the website called "Most Liked Content" or something like that.

Thanks but I was more thinking about the last 10 days, not the last 2 years. ^^

The purpose is for example not to miss some "important" posts like a leaked picture of a set.

• Like 1

Ed, Jeff, thanks for the site. One question is there a way to change the text color on the front page? having the yellow text on white background is a little hard to read for me. maybe because i'm getting older? :) Sorry if this came up before i didn't see it when i searched for it.

• Like 1

Thanks but I was more thinking about the last 10 days, not the last 2 years. ^^

The purpose is for example not to miss some "important" posts like a leaked picture of a set.

That's why we restarted the Daily Summary posts.  The entire team does it's best to try to post the important stuff on any particular day (like a leaked set picture, or some other bit of important news), in the Daily Summary.

We also encourage people to add to the summary, in case we miss something.

I've also just noticed the new forum slowdown pauses as the adds are loaded, but at least it doesn't get completely blocked by security filters like the classifieds pages are.

I'm not getting any ads and no security blocks. Hmmm... What browsers are you guys using? I use Firefox.

Jeff - on the main page, under Forum > Information Threads, the Brickfolio/Price Guide Faqs menu item points to a non-existant page:

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/10787-brickfolio-price-guide-faqs/

Thank you. I will look and fix

Ed, Jeff, thanks for the site. One question is there a way to change the text color on the front page? having the yellow text on white background is a little hard to read for me. maybe because i'm getting older? :) Sorry if this came up before i didn't see it when i searched for it.

I will work with different colors to see what works for the site and people

Are the pop up ads new or did I get some new spyware or whatever you call it? Also in the last few days when I log on I sometimes this is a risky site warning maybe that is just a chrome issue.

I did not see any pop up ads but maybe I need to filter pop up ads out of Google Adsense. As far as the risky part are you at work behind a proxy server or something. I have not heard of any other reports

Jeff, thanks for the hard work. I have noticed the proliferation of google on the site now. Is this part of a website optimization with the classifieds etc.? Will there be a paid subscritpion soon that won't have the google clutter?

Just trying to use site traffic to generate revenue for the site and brick classifieds. I don't like ads either but it might help

I've also just noticed the new forum slowdown pauses as the adds are loaded, but at least it doesn't get completely blocked by security filters like the classifieds pages are.

There is only one Google ad on forum. Didn't notice much slowdown. It's supposed to be asynchronous

Hi,

I am writing regarding the search forums functionality.  This afternoon I was having trouble quickly locating the "What non-Lego toys do you invest in or collect?" thread. 

It had cycled off the most Latest Forum Posts which is how I normally access the thread. I thought no problem, I will do a forum search to find the thread so I tried Search in the upper right marked forums for amiibo gold, then amiibo then mario and got no hits.

I can search and find when it is within "topic" but not "forums". Any hints? I have since bookmarked the thread but wish I could have alerted a few fellow brickpickers.

Is this thread not linked to the search database?  Thanks,