Building 10173: Holiday Train

jaisonline

At $10 for the base, I'm reconsidering BL'ing it.  I might do it.  Since it's for my Winter Village display, I don't mind if I don't have all the elements (like the minifigs or the bunny).

However, I did buy a Constitution Train to use as the base for a holiday themed train.  It's obviously going to need some mods, and I can incorporate some of the Holiday Train into the build to make it a bit more in line with a real holiday train.  I really need to think about how I'm going to execute this.

At $10 for the base, I'm reconsidering BL'ing it. I might do it. Since it's for my Winter Village display, I don't mind if I don't have all the elements (like the minifigs or the bunny).

However, I did buy a Constitution Train to use as the base for a holiday themed train. It's obviously going to need some mods, and I can incorporate some of the Holiday Train into the build to make it a bit more in line with a real holiday train. I really need go think about how I'm going to execute this.

Come on all Lego investors are required to be master builders you got this.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Holy thread revival, Batman!

JA have you, or anyone else, modded this with 9v OR RC motors. I have a question for anyone that has, particularly to RC.

Does anyone own the K train collection with bley track and the transformer? I am looking for the color of the transformer-track connecting piece with wires (I think that it is still old gray).

Thanks,

Red.

Ex Astris, Scientia.

Holy thread revival, Batman!

JA have you, or anyone else, modded this with 9v OR RC motors. I have a question for anyone that has, particularly to RC.

Does anyone own the K train collection with bley track and the transformer? I am looking for the color of the transformer-track connecting piece with wires (I think that it is still old gray).

Thanks,

Red.

Ex Astris, Scientia.

It was converted to 9v pretty easily (like most current & past trains). It does require 2 motors though.

It was converted to 9v pretty easily (like most current & past trains). It does require 2 motors though.

Are the two motors for the engine and tender?

I added the power function train motor to this set last year, did a bit of a hack job of it though, just put the battery pack inside the passenger car and made a skylight for the IR sensor.

This is good to know as I haven't decided whether to convert it to RC or run it on the 9v track. Thanks

Ex Astris, Scientia.