Lego marvel game list as new or used?

stackables

Just got my 2 lego marvel games from Walmart and removed the iron patriot poly.  I was wondering if I should list the game as new or used?  The game and poly come in a small box that is sealed in plastic.  You need to open the box to get the fig out and there is no further plastic around the game. I plan on just selling the game and not the outer box to save on shipping.  So would the game be considered new or used?

Just got my 2 lego marvel games from Walmart and removed the iron patriot poly.  I was wondering if I should list the game as new or used?  The game and poly come in a small box that is sealed in plastic.  You need to open the box to get the fig out and there is no further plastic around the game. I plan on just selling the game and not the outer box to save on shipping.  So would the game be considered new or used?

If the game is still sealed I would discard the rest of the packaging and sell it as new.

Guest TabbyBoy

Be 100% honest and state EXACTLY what you've done saying that the game is unused, it's the only way to avoid worrying about case being opened or a negative feedback. The same goes for when "new" sets have figures removed.  To my mind, "new" means in the same exact condition in which a retailer would have it on the shelf.  I just wish ebay had 3 categories; New, Used and Unused.  Remember buyers have us by the nuts these days.

The game case should have a seal/tape over the right side where you open it. Having never been opened, I'd take a picture as it is and still consider it new. Actually, I did do just that, four times, and no complaints on eBay.

There is no tape or seal on the right side of the game. I definitely think the safe bet is to list it like new considering it was removed from the original sealed package.  Better safe than sorry and I doubt it should matter much anyway.

The game case should have a seal/tape over the right side where you open it. Having never been opened, I'd take a picture as it is and still consider it new. Actually, I did do just that, four times, and no complaints on eBay.

Sometimes in these combined packages the case within the box isn't sealed. It was that way for the padawan lego movie with the minifigure I picked up for my kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

"Brand New. Product Not Contained within Plastic Shrink-Wrap."

As a side note, the Xbox version, although not contained within shrink wrap, is sealed on the long end with a Certificate of Authenticity, which contains a barcode. Seeing the CoA sealed will be enough to satisfy your customers, but to cover all bases, include the text above.

Probably sold 50 or so just like this w/out any issues.

• Like 1

I was wondering the same thing about this game.  I'm planning on selling as used, but put that it's brand new and never played in the description.  It's too easy for someone to complain that the game was opened and used when it's listed as brand new, especially when ebay describes new as "in original packaging," the argument can be made that it is not in it's original packaging.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

wait, do i understand that right? the minifigure is not in the polybag?

i was thinking that the 30168 Polybag was only a preorder bonus?!

Maybe I didn't word it correct. The box is shrink wrapped. Open that up and inside the game isn't. The minifigure is in the polybag also in the box. In this instance it isn't a presale, it is buying the box like that. I acquired mine from Amazon UK

Maybe I didn't word it correct. The box is shrink wrapped. Open that up and inside the game isn't. The minifigure is in the polybag also in the box. In this instance it isn't a presale, it is buying the box like that. I acquired mine from Amazon UK

ok thank you for your information.

i was asking becasue i want to buy this game version and sell the polybag and game seperately

I've sold both the XBox 360 and PS3 versions.  The XBox 360 version is a sealed and shrink wrapped game inside.  The PS3 version isn't.  I sold the 360 version as New and the PS3 version as Used/LIke New. All buyers were happy and I got $27 for each shipped, just recently.

• Like 1

I've sold both the XBox 360 and PS3 versions.  The XBox 360 version is a sealed and shrink wrapped game inside.  The PS3 version isn't.  I sold the 360 version as New and the PS3 version as Used/LIke New. All buyers were happy and I got $27 for each shipped, just recently.

Surprised you got that much.  The price is trending around $23 shipped for the game right now.  Assuming you spent $30 on the game and you sell it for that much, you are looking at the poly costing you $12-$13 to keep. I guess that is better than the $25 for the fig alone though.