Remake of older Lego sets a bad investment?

Cashmoney-0

If you can get the new sets for cheap and piece them out that would probably be your best bet. Long run don't see too much potential except for the MF. The MF has been out for at least 2 years now so don't think you have all the time in the world to buy that. Other than that I wouldn't pay much attention to the other remakes but good thing you got then at a decent price.

• 2 months later...

I guess my biggest gripe, is that the remakes now of the UCS range, de values your not so exclusive collection series.

Plus with the edition of the new Sand-crawler and the up coming Slave 1, It looks like TLG are blending more of a large play-set feel to there new UCS line up.

I think there needs to more a clear line between UCS and play-sets.

I guess every UCS collector out there, will let out a collective "Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooo" when TLG finally get round to re-releasing the MF 10179 set.

Towards the end of there royality run (2020?) with Disney to cash in on the iconic-ness and buying power of this holy grail of a set.

Edited by NZ-EUG

I guess my biggest gripe, is that the remakes now of the UCS range, de values your not so exclusive collection series.

Plus with the edition of the new Sand-crawler and the up coming Slave 1, It looks like TLG are blending more of a large play-set feel to there new UCS line up.

I think there needs to more a clear line between UCS and play-sets.

I guess every UCS collector out there, will let out a collective "Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooo" when TLG finally get round to re-releasing the MF 10179 set.

Towards the end of there royality run (2020?) with Disney to cash in on the iconic-ness and buying power of this holy grail of a set.

I figure it must be cheaper for them to improve an old model then to put in all those man hours to create a new set. And then everybody still buys them.