Hi from the UK

Hi all, I'm based in the UK on the south coast. I've been playing with Lego all my life, and still do with my 11 year old son. I only recently started looking at Lego as an investment, so will be taking the time to do the correct research. I'm glad I found this great resource and intend to use it to the fullest. Thanks in advance for putting it all together. Best regards D

Hello from myself aswell. Was going to post a new topic but thought might aswell introduce myself here as Im also from the UK. I got interested in LEGO again 3-4 years ago when I had a sudden urge to get all the blacktron 2 + other space sets I missed out on when I was a kid (in my mid 20s now.) I noticed the dramatic price ranges in other sets during this time and was interested purely in a speculative way. I love marvel and DC stuff and that has really got me back into LEGO (still cant believe nova has been released as a minifigure, in a good way) so 2013 is looking very exciting for me. Not sure if I would ever want to sell most of the sets I have aquired over the years (even those where I have bought one to play with and another to keep untouched) as I have grown very attached to them, so I'm not sure if I can call myself an investor, maybe more of a hoarder? Anyway nice to meet you all and I look forward to the forum discussions yet to come.

Hi from Liverpool, England! I've been a somewhat casual collector of Lego on and off over the years, since childhood, now got "the bug" again via my young son! Anyway, have now taken to picking up extra sets when discounted etc. to fund the hobby, and for possible future investment. Looking forward to contributing to this forum in some form, seems like a nice place; friendly, informative, straightforward. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi all, Love this site and Brickset. So useful. I started collecting towards the end of 2012 and now thanks to the excellent 'My Brickfolio' feature i have just realized that i have gone past 100k bricks in my collection. I'm only really in this as a speculative investment over the next few years but i do still find the whole idea of making money via Lego quite fascinating. Anyways, love all the articles, information an tools that you have put together. I check in a couple of times a week to see whats new and to update my brickfolio. Just added another 3 LEGO Ninjago Fire Temple 2507 sets. Just wish we could buy from Amazon US from the UK. Keep up the good work and many thanks

Thanks comicblast. The my brickfolio is fantastic for keeping track of sets. I was maintaining a Excel sheet but i have abandoned it as i can generate more in-depth sheet anytime using the data export capability. I have 99 unique sets and 224 sets in total. All have been bought since about October 2012 when i went on a bit of a mad spending splurge. The only exception is i bought on a whim 3 8527:1 NXT sets around 2007 and never used them so they are in mint unopened condition. My main issue is space. I've thought about investing in silver or gold instead as Lego takes up o much room and its likely to be harder to shift in the end. Having said that gold and silver are no where near as much fun as Lego :-) although the metals are a proper store of value. I would use the term speculation for Lego rather than investing as Lego could dump on a whim unlimited amounts of the sets if they so wished whereas gold an silver are finite and difficult to extract in any volume. I'm willing to take a bit of a punt thought but i also suspect that many others are now doing the same. thanks again for he welcome.

Will do, i'm finding this site dangerous to my pocket already however. After reading an article on Ninjago i have just added another 2 Fire Temple 2507 sets to my collection. i think i have 8 2507 sets of this now. must stop reading the forum so often :-) thanks again PS how do you add the signature with your collection summary?

started collecting in October 2012 from memory. I went a bit mad ordering in the first two or three months. Slowed down a bit now as the space is a killer. i have the sets in the boxes from Amazon and Lego piled to the ceiling, several piles to be honest. I was buying one of this and on of that for the first week but reading the site made me realize that if there is a good deal and it seems to be a popular set then buying quite a few makes better sense. I have ended up with 20 of a few sets now, although they are the smaller sets to be fair. I wish i had picked up on this area a few years back as i have pretty much missed out on Harry Potter and some other sets that have done well subsequently. I'm in the UK and if i buy from Amazon Italy, France, Spain or Germany i buy in bulk to make the most of the postage costs.