Missing Minifigs

Lmhelmick

Just got my pirate ship ambush from walmart.com and when I opened it up there were no minifigures inside whatsoever. The box was minty and sealed, and all the bags were sealed but somehow this happened. Has this happened to anyone else and what did you do?

How many sealed bags did you see in the box ?

Just got my pirate ship ambush from walmart.com and when I opened it up there were no minifigures inside whatsoever. The box was minty and sealed, and all the bags were sealed but somehow this happened. Has this happened to anyone else and what did you do?

There were no tiny cuts on the bags as the minifigures are in a couple of different bags?

It didn't appear so, somebody may have resealed the bags. It seems like a long stretch but it seems like the only thing that could have happened other than a packaging malfunction in the factory.

I have had similar happen on two walmart purchases. There is a thread about this.

A slave 1 I bought looked completely sealed no tampering but when opened the figs were missing but no reseal of the bag they took from.

Another one was a weather top that I didn't notice was glued back shut. Figs were gone but no unsealed bags.

I returned both back to the store without issues when I explained. Unfortunately the weather top set was long passed EOL so no exchange.

It would be way easier to return the set back to the store. I'm not doubting Lego would replace the missing pieces but it takes time. It takes 3 weeks minimum to receive missing parts from my experiences.

Lego will replace the minifigs if you have the receipt. The reps are cool like that especially when buying from Walmart or Amazon Warehouse, just be sure to talk with a phone rep and mention it's a gift for your child. They replaced all my minifigs for a Jabba's Palace since it was bought from a Target and the box was messed up. They just asked for a copy if the receipt. When this happened, Jabba's Palace was pretty hard to find at stores and shop@home was sold-out,

It would be way easier to return the set back to the store. I'm not doubting Lego would replace the missing pieces but it takes time. It takes 3 weeks minimum to receive missing parts from my experiences.

What if the set is possibly EOL?

When I asked about the wearhertop set lego told me to return to retailer even though I said I was disappointed cause I didn't own the set yet and was happy to find it still. They specifically stated something about selling licensed figs outside a set.

All true statements.

If the OP wants the set and it's EOL they may be out of luck from TLG anyway.

I've had a similar experience before the Droid Escape set, I was missing one of R2-D2s leg arm things and I just called up LEGO and the rep was really nice and she said that accidents happen and was sent the part within a week.

A single piece is an accident, all of the minifigs - that's 9 minifigures - in multiple bags is hardly that.

This is the reply I got from lego as mentioned when asked about a similar condition as the OP

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I am glad you were able to get the set, unfortunately the set was missing those key minifigures. The best thing to do is to return it to WalMart for a refund. This is a licensed set. Our licensing agreement is very strict with the folks that have created the story line. Returning the set and getting a refund is the best action. We cannot sell the minifigures by themselves due to the licensing agreement. If I can assist you in any other way, please give me a call at the phone number listed above. We are not producing the set any longer, so replacing it would be very difficult.

This is the reply I got from lego as mentioned when asked about a similar condition as the OP

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I am glad you were able to get the set, unfortunately the set was missing those key minifigures. The best thing to do is to return it to WalMart for a refund. This is a licensed set. Our licensing agreement is very strict with the folks that have created the story line. Returning the set and getting a refund is the best action. We cannot sell the minifigures by themselves due to the licensing agreement. If I can assist you in any other way, please give me a call at the phone number listed above. We are not producing the set any longer, so replacing it would be very difficult.

So there you go, go to Walmart and request a refund/exchange. Since you are going to build it, open the set right there in front of them.

As for everyone else, EOL is coming. Stock up!

Don't get the wrong impression my email from LEGO was about the Lord of the rings Weathertop set not pirate ship ambush!

Don't panic!

Got me there.

You saw it on the short list?

Have seen it among the names being thrown in here as retirement candidate. That and my assumption - wrong - that the OPs email was regarding PSA led me into tinking that it'd go sooner than later. Not that Lego reps statements are worth much but it made sense for a while.