Ideas for a Halloween Town & MOCs

TheOrcKing

The season of scaring is not for another few months but I figure we could pool some ideas together on what would be cool to feature in a custom Halloween Town in the meantime and even continue afterwards for years to come. I think we all know the Monster Fighters sets are a given for this epic diorama so what I am really shooting for is more about unique build ideas or special scene setups over 'straight-from-the-box' designs. I should give gratitude to Alpinemaps for the inspiration from conversation in the "What did you build today?" thread.

Alright here's an idea to start. Each Escape from Mirkwood Spiders set includes two of those spider sacks and a tree to hang them from. Now my idea is to have a generic Lego skeleton figure in one of those while the other has a skull head with some bone pieces.

• Like 1

There is a movie called Trick R Treat, not sure if any of you have heard about it but,I think a Halloween moc of the street that they trick or treat on would be awesome.

I watched that movie a couple years and thought it was pretty good. I heard there is a sequel in the works coming up soon.

or someone could turn the fairground mixer into a haunted carnival.

Yeah, that would be sweet. :vampire:

Nice you've seen it. Not too many people have and the ones that have don't like it. I thought it was great. Perfect seasonal movie for Halloween.

The story setup and slight 'campiness' reminded me of why I enjoyed Creepshow 1 & 2 so much. I bought the DVD with the animated short Season's Greetings in the bonus features that I remember catching on MTV's Cartoon Sushi back when MTV actually showed music videos.
  • Like 1

This along with the dynamic duo funhouse escape. That would make a nice haunted funhouse MOC. You could somehow incorporate the witch head polybag set as a statue on top of the ride or in the funhouse somehow.

Oh yes. I didn't even think of the funhouse. Good idea.

My ideas right now are all over the place.  We're still in a "building" phase, and haven't even considered layout.

So far, we've got the following:  all the Monster Fighters (except The Zombies - I'm still Bricklinking that set), Ecto-1, LOTR Pirate Ship Ambush, and Arkham Asylum.

Our (my wife and I) initial thoughts are to have one side of our set up be some happy Halloween times (kids Trick or Treating at a house), and have that move into the MF stuff.

I'm trying to add any scary minifigs, from Evil Knights, to the standard witches and skeletons.

Thanks for starting this thread, TOK.  Now is the time to start planning.

The wolf tribe from Chima set allow you can easily get a pack of warewolves with variety of heads.

Also 70204 can become pretty mean warewolf with little modification. You need to swap the feet with paws and claws (just like its hands) and set it on all 4 legs.

Actually, with the Chima heads you can easily create an animal theme costume party.

ETA: CMF7 Evil Knight without head on new black horse = headless knight

How about displaying the Ringwraiths from Attack on Weathertop and the three differently colored Wargs? Somewhere the Eye of Sauron minifigure head from The Wizard Battle can fit in here.

Thanks for starting this thread, TOK. Now is the time to start planning.

You're welcome and thank you for the idea. It is indeed a good time to begin planning for this year or even on into the next.

Not necessarily Halloween in the classic sense but you can build a "Honey I shrunk the Kids" area with all of the Galaxy Quest bug looking vehicles. There are giant praying mantis, caterpillar, flies, ants, etc.

Also, how about Garmaddon Dark Fortress ? That set screams Halloween even with little to no modifications. Park a few Skull Motorbikes in front of it for added creepy/funky look. Also, 2011 Ninjago sets have a few different skull heads if you want more than the standard LEGO skulls to accessorize your cemetery

• Like 1

I mentioned in the build thread that Wargs looks like another good candidate for the Halloween Town.  I love that tree, and everything in that set looks like it could fit in.  I'll have to keep my eye out for it now.

I've noticed some of those bugs from the Galaxy Quest sets, and considered fitting those in as well.  If I end up doing that, I may just BL them, and change the colors up a bit.  Really, any big bug is going to look good.