Target (Canada) - 50% off Chima, Ninjago

peenutz

Blow Dryer works very well, it heats up the glue (obviously) so as not to leave residue on the box. Depending on the sticker though you have to hold it longer, for that small one, try maybe 30sec and see if you can get a corner. Pull up the corner slowly, then stick the blow dryer in behind it so as to get under the sticker. Should be fine. I order a bunch of stuff from Sears over Christmas, everything individually was slapped with a sticker, what a nightmare, but this method saved virtually all the boxes from sticker damage. 

If you really want one to build asap go get it I guess for $70... or offer a trade. I am sure many Canadians have a lot/some after this clearance. chapter Indigo still has stock so you know eventually they will have a 20-25% off event... plus plum points hehe. I would wait it out. but I know temptation to buy is strong haha.

Haha, I`m waiting for that as well. Maybe we`ll get lucky over the summer? 

really? never had sticker issue... even sears is easy to rip off, try +50 sw battle packs! just need to be confident and let the stickers know who is boss haha.

you could consider using permanent black marker over the stickers? I use to be more of a box condition snob but not any more.

weird I checked chapters Indigo and it shows 45 left for me?! maybe I am missing something?! haha.http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/kids/toys/the-hobbit-an-unexpected-gathering/673419188258-item.html?ikwid=Lego+unexpected+gathering&ikwsec=Home&ikwidx=0

All admit, I`m more than a little bit OCD so keep that in mind  :derisive:  No sears isn`t that bad, but they put in on everything. Why not just the box? 50bps, wow I`m sure you were busy! That a good idea with the markers, though personally I`d rather remove the sticker if possible. If it`s on there really good then the market would come in handy to cover up. The residue is horrible though, that and when you pull off the sticker and it takes some of the artwork with it. 

I lucked out. I picked up a bunch of Unexpected Gatherings, Blackgates, Republic Troopers, Clone Troopers

and 1 Battle of Smallville (Not sold on it as an investment yet) and 1 Chi Temple

Paid cash and managed to get them into my storage room without my wife knowing. I feel dirty now and slightly used :bad:

I lucked out. I picked up a bunch of Unexpected Gatherings, Blackgates, Republic Troopers, Clone Troopers

and 1 Battle of Smallville (Not sold on it as an investment yet) and 1 Chi Temple

Paid cash and managed to get them into my storage room without my wife knowing. I feel dirty now and slightly used :bad:

Could be worse things than Lego you're hiding from your wife :P

Congrats on the find/clearance deal.

I lucked out. I picked up a bunch of Unexpected Gatherings, Blackgates, Republic Troopers, Clone Troopers

and 1 Battle of Smallville (Not sold on it as an investment yet) and 1 Chi Temple

Was this at target taco? Also where are you located, mine seem pretty dry?

Maybe you should change your name to "DirtyTaco" ;-)

Target special this weekend:  Spend $50 and receive a $10GC. 

This will pair well with any clearance (and household) items that you may be purchasing.

Nice, thanks for the heads up.  Too bad most of the decent sets are/would be sold out by now.  50% off and extra gc is awesome. 

• Like 1

Cleaned out the UG and BG at the Windsor location (in case there are other Windsor BP'ers) and got a couple of giftcards in addition to the very sweet 50% off.  Left some Chima & Ninjago...also left three Superman sets, but at 50% off am thinking about picking them up first thing tomorrow and getting another gift card.  No Lion Chi temple, which would probably have tempted me...I think it is pretty cool and never seems to be in stock (anecdotal evidence to me that it might be a winner)

I'm sending my in-laws to the London, ON Target on their way home from work to get a report on what (if anything) is left there.

Pirate ship is worth getting with the $10 GC, technically brings it down to 81 and everyone thinks it's a winner. Cragger is also worth getting since it's pretty much 40 after counting the 10 GC. Remember to grab them separately to maximize GC and add a cheap candy to bring Cragger over $50.

So I picked up an AT-TE at one target location with the lego movie. I could only get one GC because of the prices ($85+$25) but the cashier there offered to do seperate transactions if I wanted to add to the movie. I decided not to because I only picked up the AT-TE for my personal collection. I drive 20min to the next target, finally decide on picking up 2 cragger ships at half off and 4 LOTR pirate ship ambushes at 30% off (these werent advertised, got a price check) thanks to peenutz support. I get to the cashier and he says "Sorry I can't ring these in seperatley, one GC per household". My jaw drops, then I plead my case about the other cashier offering to do seperate transactions. Without getting up in arms about the situation I bargained with him to give me 3 GC's instead of the 6 seperate transactions and he agrees. He rang in 3 seperate boxes for 3GCs then rings in the final 3 boxes on one bill and realizes Im getting a 4th GC. No arguement on his end and said don't worry about it.

So I walked away happy even though i didnt get the 6 gift cards i was hoping for, can't be mad for being greedy. :imsohappy:

So I picked up an AT-TE at one target location with the lego movie. I could only get one GC because of the prices ($85+$25) but the cashier there offered to do seperate transactions if I wanted to add to the movie. I decided not to because I only picked up the AT-TE for my personal collection. I drive 20min to the next target, finally decide on picking up 2 cragger ships at half off and 4 LOTR pirate ship ambushes at 30% off (these werent advertised, got a price check) thanks to peenutz support. I get to the cashier and he says "Sorry I can't ring these in seperatley, one GC per household". My jaw drops, then I plead my case about the other cashier offering to do seperate transactions. Without getting up in arms about the situation I bargained with him to give me 3 GC's instead of the 6 seperate transactions and he agrees. He rang in 3 seperate boxes for 3GCs then rings in the final 3 boxes on one bill and realizes Im getting a 4th GC. No arguement on his end and said don't worry about it.

So I walked away happy even though i didnt get the 6 gift cards i was hoping for, can't be mad for being greedy. :imsohappy:

Must be luck of the draw.  My mother and father in law cleaned out the London, ON Westmount location - cashier handed out 6 GCs without blinking an eye.  For any BPers in London, I'm sending them to the other Target (Masionville) today to see if anything is left on the shelf. 

Well this worked out nicely. I got the Jabba Sail Barge, Republic Gunship, AT-TE, Unexpected Gathering, and Cragger's ship all on clearance price for 33% off and a $10 additional discount for each set thanks to the weekend promo cards. These are all for personal enjoyment and I had been waiting for this kind of sale to get them. Cashiers were very nice about ringing each set through separately and using the cards. These were all at Square One, which was the first time I've been there in some time. There were only 1 each of the latter 2 so I figured they may have been timely returns.