Site Update: 6-7-2014...New Feature Images

So are free listings out of the picture now? I trust that you both are doing what's best for the site, and thanks for keeping us updated!

You have to give us time to implement ideas.  All listings will be free in the beginning and we need to see how everything goes.  The more of a success it is, the more we can do.  We just need it to be simple for new people finding the site.

• Like 2

Just got the update from eBay that all my files are available.  I took a quick look and do see them there, so tonight I will start to work on the price guide update.  Since I am doing two months, it will take a bit longer than normal, but hopefully it should be there by Wednesday/Thursday.

I have fixed a bunch of the migration bugs, so sporadic errors should start to be minimizing.

Again, thank you for your patience, trust me, I know it's annoying when things don't work right.

• Like 4

Things are looking up around here.  Excellent work Macks.  I have been getting paid as a web designer (heavy design/weak coder) for 15+yrs now.  Not saying I am any better than anyone else but if you need some opinions I am full of them.  Learning to critique others is part of the process.

I like the connection to pinterest and the more common google play/nexus type of left side menu.

http://tympanus.net/codrops/2013/07/30/google-nexus-website-menu/

Looks like you guys are going in the right direction.

I look forward to the classified section.  Thanks again for all the hard work.

Scott

First major critism would be the search.  The breakout of catagories is nice but as you can see the list is lengthy.

What makes other selling sites so successful (eBay) is their search in my opinion.  Very prominant and up at the top of the page.

Yours is there, near the top but not as apparent. 

When referring too "featured products and New arrivals" section

What about considering "top selling/trending/hot" catagory might be included. 

Something else to think about...not sure how to do it...in many of the forum threads product/sets are mentioned...can the set numbers be linked to the classified section?

"OMG everyone is talking about set 10xxx, I can just click on it and it whala there it is in X number of stores within the classifieds.

or maybe it would be better to have that in a advance search on the main site. 

In the search box I type 10210, results show where it is mentioned, forums, blogs, articles, classifieds

Just spit balling here.

On a different note...when viewing your brickfolio is the new version going to include any filters?

Filtering by value? Set number? Catagory/theme?

some of that is there now, sort of. 

Click on My Brickfolio - summary page

From there you can click on view brickfolio items (catagory list)

from there you select catagory....

Couldbe revamped much like the classified start page with all of the catagories listed on the left for each individual brickfolio.

The initial click on My Brickfolio takes you too a combo page of smaller summary and the full list of sortable sets below it.

From there the option to click on select catagories which appear on the left menu or a user can interact with the full list, sorting by price, piece count, quantity owned etc.

Given some time I could mock some images up for a better visual representation of the above text.

Regards

Scott  - Brickelements

@Brickelements, thanks for the thoughts/ideas.  Just send me PMs if you have more.  Let me release the stuff first, then you can rip it apart.  I usually don't like to post shots because then it does cause people to start questioning things when they really haven't see how it works yet.

You can already search by set or theme in the current brickfolio:
http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/brickfolio_collections.cfm

Really nice update to the site.  Looks simple and fast to use.  I like the look of Brick Classifieds. To be honest, I really didn't know what to expect, but like the direction.  Personally I like the list of categories.  Once people get used to the site, they will learn to use it the way they like it best.  Everyone will always have a suggestion for how they think it should be.  His suggestions were good.  You can always change stuff if something isn't working.

• Like 1