shipping cost too high?

I have recently received couple messages from potential ebay buyers saying my shipping cost is too high.

I would like to ship the item with tracking no matter it is large or small sets. Any suggestion which way I could provide a "cheaper" shipping?

now with global shipping center available, I ship the package to the center. I would not know how much ebay global shipping center would charge from there. This potential buyer is asking me why my shipping cost is so much and other sellers could provide 28 dollars shipping to Nederlands and would like me to match it (for 21050 set).

would appreciate any advice.

"Thank you for your inquiry. We use eBay's Global Shipping Program exclusively to ship packages internationally, and have no control over the charges. Please contact eBay customer service if you would like to ask for a lower shipping rate. Thanks!"

That's all you have to write. These folks just sometimes want lower rates than GSP can provide, but then you take all the risks of shipping internationally back on yourself. And other times, they are either hilariously unaware or like to pretend to be unaware of what it costs to ship (domestic buyers do the same thing) and hoping you'll fall for it.

Don't fall for it. You have your policies in place, they can buy it or not. Someone else will if they don't.

Edited to add: Oh yeah. And if other sellers were really cheaper, they'd already have bought it from them. More shenanigans. They're not trying to order from you cause you're the cutest (even though I'm sure that's true), they're trying to get the lowest price and being disingenuous about the "other sellers" they could supposedly be buying from.

• Like 2

I have recently received couple messages from potential ebay buyers saying my shipping cost is too high.

I would like to ship the item with tracking no matter it is large or small sets. Any suggestion which way I could provide a "cheaper" shipping?

now with global shipping center available, I ship the package to the center. I would not know how much ebay global shipping center would charge from there. This potential buyer is asking me why my shipping cost is so much and other sellers could provide 28 dollars shipping to Nederlands and would like me to match it (for 21050 set).

would appreciate any advice.

This is why I don't use the Global Shipping program. Shipping charges are way higher.

In the end, they work in import charges too which aren't necessarily always what they say so thats why they look so high.

I just offer normal international shipping and have had no issues. Ebay keeps calling me trying to get to ship, but I ship way more international packages than I did when I used GSP.

That's all you have to write. These folks just sometimes want lower rates than GSP can provide, but then you take all the risks of shipping internationally back on yourself. And other times, they are either hilariously unaware or like to pretend to be unaware of what it costs to ship (domestic buyers do the same thing) and hoping you'll fall for it.

This. These buyers are testing you to see if you will eat the cost of some international shipping. But the GSP is a huge rip off to international buyers only to provide the seller with a better level on convenience so be aware it could more harm than help you if you truely want to sell outside of the USA.

This. These buyers are testing you to see if you will eat the cost of some international shipping. But the GSP is a huge rip off to international buyers only to provide the seller with a better level on convenience so be aware it could more harm than help you if you truely want to sell outside of the USA.

For sellers who would not otherwise take the risks of international shipping (and the GSP provides more than convenience, it provides considerable seller protections), it will not "more harm than help you". Any sales are better than no sales, and I have not so far heard that an angry torch-bearing mini-mob of disgruntled buyers has made it past the border, much less to a seller's home.

For sellers who are comfortable handling the risks and complexities of international shipping, the GSP may or may not be an option they want to look at. For me, in the eBay environment, I'm happy to hand the reins of international over to someone else. On other venues, I continue to do fine with my own international shipping as well.

Thanks for suggestions. But from more experienced members, it seems to me that I should stand behind my policy, choosing the shipping method I feel most comfortable with. However, I am also concerned that due to high shipping cost, some bidders might shy away from bidding. Getting down to the bottom, I don't want to end up with selling the sets lower than market price.