Going to LegoLand discovery center and brick world for the first time. Help.

I'm pretty new at all this so this stuff is all new to me. brickworld Chicago is June 15th(Father's Day)..so I figured there's no better way to spend it with my wife and 2 kids playing with, seeing, and buying(tons ****** tons) of Legos. Then after ordering off lego.com for my darth revan minifigure. I got the ticket deal and figured it would be even better to go to the discovery center afterwards.

But I'd like to know of any tips (besides bring all my credit cards lol) that would be good to know for either place. Like..best things to see or do. The must-see's etc. thank you all in advance for the help and advice!

Well if you plan on spending a lot on legos at discovery center it will be worth it to buy an annual pass for one of you.  That gets you a 10% discount on legos purchased in the discovery center gift shop.  If you are buying big sets that is a good deal, otherwise it might be best just to get the free balloon cart promo bag when you spend $75 at the lego store inside the mall (you do not get that promo at the discovery center).  Keep in mind Schaumburg has nasty 9% tax but at least the discount erased that!

Right.  I'm assuming OP is talking about the discovery center in Schaumburg.  You will not get VIP or the promo there but you can get a 10% discount with annual pass (believe it costs around $40).  But there is a lego store in the mall about a block from the discovery center as well where you can get the VIP and promo of course.  Basically both options are there so it is nice.

I'm totally assuming this is brick world Chicago convention thing that is upcoming and now I'm wondering if I'm completely assuming like an idiot and this isn't about Chicago at all, in which case sorry please disregard!

If you are going to LDC in Shaumburg, get there right when it opens or after 3:00 PM. Otherwise it can be very busy/crowded around the lunch hour. You can see LDC in a few hours. Last time I was there, doors closed at 5:00 but the place kicks people out at 7:00, but please verify.

Also, make sure you get in the right line for tickets - their line control is terrible and you can stand in the wrong line without ever knowing. Check with an associate if they're there.

Re: BrickWorld, don't miss it - it's truly awesome.

Also, if you have the desire there's also a Lego Store across the street from LDC at Woodfield Mall. Typically there's a wider selection of sets there, but LDC has some sleepers/oldies from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Thanks guys. And I'll probably spend most of my money at brickworld buying Star Wars minifigures. Like I'm in the market for the cloud city boba fett. And many others. And I got the after 4pm saver tix bc brickworld is over @3. But thnx for letting me know about the lego store..I didn't now how to fill that hour with something lego related! Lol then I can also scope out what sets they got so I don't waste the money at LDC ****** not get VIP or promo. But the balloon cart isn't a boggy bc I'm already getting one from ordering spaceship, spaceship, SPACESHIP. I'm really excited for this. From a couple pics and videos I've watched from people being at brickworld. It looks amazing